Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 07 charger has been awesome these past couple years until recently i have had a problem that many mechanics cant help with. i know on here everyone seems to find a solution so here goes:
My car ( ABS, ESP, Break) lights go off while at a stand still or barely pulling out of the drive way in "D"(drive). the car then wont go past 4 RPMS and the speedometer will stay at the entire time. I turn the car off and it will not run on again.. I have read about a similar problem and they replaced or pull out fuze #17 and once its back in it turns out.. the proble, is gone but few minutes later, the problem happens again? weird right? When i look over the codes with key dance here's what i get all in one:

Does anyone have a solution??? i heard it could be the wheel sensors? the mod i have done lately was adding 22's from stick `7's but yet this first happened right before i added the rims so i think its coincidences?? any ideas guys? really at a loss here and i need this car working since i drive my 3 kids everyone in it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Battery going bad?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not at all. But why would the battery do that?? I have had it go back with the alternator budt didnt do this. Battery less than a year old

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Those codes are for radiator fan coolers, A/C performance, TB issues, EVAP leaks, etc.

The codes are so random that low voltage might be causing the issues. (hence the battery question)

None of the codes are related to the wheel sensors. The ESP/BAS lights are more random results but they didn't cause codes which is very odd. The limp mode and start issues are even more odd.

It suggests that you either have wild voltage issues, harness shorts or the PCM is frying (probably the most likely cause).

Have you replaced any sensors recently or done any work other than swapping the wheels/tires? Are there any other weird electrical issues going on?

·
Registered
711 Posts
I would get in the trunk and check all the battery connectors and any grounds and clean them up. Also, check under the hood for any connectors that lead to the PCM and give them a good cleaning with an electrical cleaner of choice. You would be surprised how far a simple spraying of electrical cleaner and a brush can go. Worth a shot, and cheap to do!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the feedback. And yea I was really blown away by the codes. I also forgot to mention that if im driving, then if I come to a stop the lights will come on all together and then if my AC is running, it will stop working and only blow hot its so weird....everything else will continue to work and I hear my cooling fan running except no cold air??.i did reset the pcm buty connecting neg and positive wires for 5 minutes, codes erased but later issue continued.. ill try replacing or checking the battery once more along with disconnecting and cleaning it out The pcm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts