Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Freakin Florida! I go to the gym today, its about 105 degrees and sunny as hell, hardly a cloud in the sky. I decide to Vent the sunroof and keep the cover slid back so Humidity doesnt build up in the car. My gym has a movie theatre cardio room So I get caught up watching blood diamond and do a good hour workout. I come out side and its pooring! The suede inserts absorbed alot of water but after going over them with microfibers and a hair dryer they are finally drying. The headliner had water stains coming through around the sunroof, and would drip if I pushed on it. I took a hair dryer to that as well, and rubbed hard with microfibers over n over. Its basically dry now as well, but the top of sunroof cover where I cant really get to is still a little damp.

Question is, should I be worried about Mold now? When I get in the car it feels humid (like steamed water) and has a "rainy" smell inside (like a wet t-shirt). Is this something that the car sitting in the heat tommorow and driving with the windows down for the day could work out on its own??

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
u may want to consider renting a dehumidifier and run that for a day in your car. The same kind they use to dry out carpet when theres a water heater break. If it smells or feels humid then you still have a good deal of water. Id move fast though just in case

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
u may want to consider renting a dehumidifier and run that for a day in your car. The same kind they use to dry out carpet when theres a water heater break. If it smells or feels humid then you still have a good deal of water. Id move fast though just in case
X2

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
Another option would be to hit up your local Home Depot (or perhaps a boat supply store) for a bucket of that "Damp Rid" stuff. You open the top and the crystals inside absorb moisture. You could buy one or two of those and just put them on the floor in the back for a couple of days. Though, in FL, you could also just leave the windows open if it's not that humid.

Best,

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I worked in fire and flood restoration and I can safely say get the dehumidifier suggested above right away. It will suck moisture even out of the air and literally pull it from the material in the car.
If mold does occur there is a special chemical called Sani-master made specifically for that but don't worry about that unless it gets to that point. If you dry now thoroughly you should be able to avoid a mold problem. But hurry!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Freakin Florida! I go to the gym today, its about 105 degrees and sunny as hell, hardly a cloud in the sky. I decide to Vent the sunroof and keep the cover slid back so Humidity doesnt build up in the car. My gym has a movie theatre cardio room So I get caught up watching blood diamond and do a good hour workout. I come out side and its pooring! The suede inserts absorbed alot of water but after going over them with microfibers and a hair dryer they are finally drying. The headliner had water stains coming through around the sunroof, and would drip if I pushed on it. I took a hair dryer to that as well, and rubbed hard with microfibers over n over. Its basically dry now as well, but the top of sunroof cover where I cant really get to is still a little damp.

Question is, should I be worried about Mold now? When I get in the car it feels humid (like steamed water) and has a "rainy" smell inside (like a wet t-shirt). Is this something that the car sitting in the heat tommorow and driving with the windows down for the day could work out on its own??
YESTERDAY THE WEATHER GOT NAST Y IN CENTRAL FL. I was going to cruise around otown but checked the internet and saw the clouds coming from the west to east. lake county was getting soaked and there was a line of stormas from just north of that county 40 mi south approx. shoot it was only moving 20 mph in the east direction so I thought I had plenty of time. By the time I got to Lake Mary from deltona and cashed my check ect I could see the storming coming on hard. looked like a scene from the twister movie lol . I had flash backs from living in Texas and got the heck out of there. the northern section of the storm still caught me by the time I hit Volusia but i was glad to be home. you have to remeber bout those evening storms in Central fl they come on fast. sorry so long winded. when it gets hot you may want to let the windows down to air out and hit with the hair dryer again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.