Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lately i have not had good luck with cars. my fiances hood flew open while driving her 99 jimmy and did over 1000 in damage that was last week. well today on my way in to work the person in front of me on the highway quick swerved and before i realized why i hit what appeared to be a large cooler. well got out at work since the damage was already done and the fasica was cracked on the bottom below the fog light on the right side of my car. any idea what insurance does for debris on the road. will i have to pay the deductible. i am calling to place a police report at 9 am since its only 6 right now.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im thinking srt-8 front fasica now well gotta call get this started. luckily its not hanging off but its just all mashed up

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I don't know your specific ins. company, but I'm pretty sure you're going to have to pay the deductible. It's no one's fault, so they can't go after anyone else's money but your own

·
Registered
764 Posts
Tony, I feel your pain man.
I had a similar incident happen to me. I was taking a ramp from south 75 to west 696 and came up on a slower moving semi. I saw him swerve a little, then out from under his trailer bounced a shinny piece of metal, my only attempt was to avoid a flat tire, so I straddled it, I was hoping for huge clump of aluminum foil, nope. It smacked the front bumper, and scrapped all the way under the car hitting the trans and the exhaust. Took me a few miles to get comfortable enough watching the gages, listening for anything out of the norm. When I got back to work I saw the minor damage to the facia. One of these days I'll get it repainted, or I might get the srt8 one. Be glad there were no additional damages.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does the srt-8 fasica match up with the r/t??????? i found out more than likely its fully covered since there was no way to avoid the cooler so if i can get a srt replacement for the same price i might go that route

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Same thing just happened to me. I'm not sure what it was that I hit but it came flying out from under the car in front of me. Now there is a large scratch in my front bumper. Luckly no crack but still looks horrible. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do, probably going to have to live with it.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
does the srt-8 fasica match up with the r/t??????? i found out more than likely its fully covered since there was no way to avoid the cooler so if i can get a srt replacement for the same price i might go that route
Should bolt right up. A few people on here have the SRT-8 fascia after similar incidents that involved having to replace the fascia under insurance coverage (one guy with a GMG did this). Get a check from the insurance company, grab one from MSC or something, get it painted and you might be able to get away with breaking even or coming out a few bucks ahead.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The price difference is what shocked my, I was going to go the the SRT front with my Sublime but its 3 times the price

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
When I was with mercury some guy had run into a bunch of the Orange cones at night and spread them all over the freeway, I dodged them all in my old M3 till I got off at the offramp and hit one dead center since I had nowhere to go and the person behind me was tailgaiting so I couldn't use those powerful brakes to their most.

Anyway I called my insurance I was going to have to pay the deductible, and they were going to count it as an at fault accident cuz I should have been driving slow enough to avoid it. So needless to say, I didn't have the insurance pay for the repair.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The price difference is what shocked my, I was going to go the the SRT front with my Sublime but its 3 times the price
Wow really? I was thinking about doing an insurance claim but the $500 deductible make it not really worth it. I guess I'm going to live with the 5" scratch.

·
Registered
467 Posts
believe i have read in several similar threads that you need to install the SRT belly pan otherwise the r/t one wont bolt on to the srt fascia. i believe it also gives brake cooling function. Moparsupercenter sells them now.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Tony,
Sorry to hear about your bad times with cars lately. Glad you were ok in both situations.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Any idea how much an SRT front fascia runs? Maybe I could put one from a superbee on....
nevermind, just found out. $988 on MPSC. That could be headers instead.....

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
body shop told me 1200 for the srt and 400 for the r/t

·
Registered
171 Posts
Could have been worse... could have been a ladder.

Apparently not only can the illegals down here not habla englais but they also are incapable of tying crap down to their uninsured vehicles. We have at LEAST one ladder in the road every morning around here. And I don't know how ANYONE could do that... Have you ever priced some of those ladders? Like $400 bucks! That's like leaving your laptop or cell on the roof of the car on PURPOSE and driving away.

Sorry to hear about the damage... I feel your pain... Almost every car I have has front end damage of some sort due to other driver carelessness with their stuff falling off their cars.

A traffic report the other morning:

"If you are traveling on US1 South and you don't see your Mattress and Box Spring set in the bed of your truck anymore you left it in the middle of the road by Jones Sausage."

I almost spit water all over the dash when she said that. But seriously... how do you NOT notice the mattress and boxspring are missing from your vehicle?

·
Registered
885 Posts
There was a couch sitting against the jersey barrier on I-295 in DC for a couple days a week or so ago, facing out towards traffic. The first day or so I wondered how the thing landed upright, got positioned all the way against the barrier, and facing in toward traffic. Then I started pondering pulling over, crossing traffic, and just chilling on that couch to be a nimwit and freak out the morning rush hour. The thought of a DC driver (we're crazy) plowing into the couch while I was sprawled out scared me away from that, though, plus someone came along and took it by midweek.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts