Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While I was at it I took that crappy door guard thing off too....

All stock except debadging and tint.

the weirdness you see on the back of the car is a reflection of a tree.... I'm looking around for just the right 20" rims to go on next then a borla exhaust and K&N

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the door was surprisingly the easiest part to do :) used a lil bit of floss then just pulled LOL all came off clean. It felt like a big rubber strip.

If you can't see those pics scroll down a few posts on http://forum.iamnotageek.com/t-1819080118.html that's a site I own which I posted on first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So since you debadged, what was your reason? I like it looks good. I wasnt to sure about the strip on the side either. So what is your plans for it now, if any?

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm looking around for just the right 20" rims to go on next then a borla exhaust and K&N

I debadged simply because I could :) whats the point of having the name of a car clutter up that pretty body? It's like covering tits with a bikini... Some people feel they need to but its SOOO much better uncovered

·
Registered
315 Posts
We removed everything on ours as well, would have to say the hardest to get off was the dodge emblem on the trunk

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
needasrt4 said:
We removed everything on ours as well, would have to say the hardest to get off was the dodge emblem on the trunk
I agree, the RAM on the back was incredibly hard...

I've started debaging my RAM 1500 and it using the same stuff as that Ram did on EVERYTHING so it really sucks taking things off of it LOL

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
that looks really good! especially the profile shot. I never realized how much the moulding strip breaks up the lines of the car eventhough it is very minimal to begin with. Definately gonna have to do some debadging of my own.

-George

·
Registered
9 Posts
So what if you had the acr for awhile and decided to take the decal off. Would it show on the car that you had something there? IF so how can you correct that or can you?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
You forgot one......... the dodge emblem in the front

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ltdodge said:
You forgot one......... the dodge emblem in the front
No I didn't.... Look closer... there's actually an indentation on the front for that emblem which if debadged there would basically be a whole there or at least a dented in area..... Don't bother taking that off unless you have something else to put in there.

·
Banned
236 Posts
farkedup said:
No I didn't.... Look closer... there's actually an indentation on the front for that emblem which if debadged there would basically be a whole there or at least a dented in area..... Don't bother taking that off unless you have something else to put in there.
Oh no!!!
My Daytona will be here in 4 weeks (+/-) and I asked the dealer to remove ALL those ugly decals. Please explain your comment (including Location, etc...) of the "dented" area. Don't they use the same parts, hood, etc... as the other models? Why should removing the decals be a problem on the Daytona? Thanks.

·
Banned
236 Posts
cork said:
Oh no!!!
My Daytona will be here in 4 weeks (+/-) and I asked the dealer to remove ALL those ugly decals. Please explain your comment (including Location, etc...) of the "dented" area. Don't they use the same parts, hood, etc... as the other models? Why should removing the decals be a problem on the Daytona? Thanks.
Sorry for the panic attack. :embarrese
I just re-read your email again. I'm leaving the Dodge Head on the hood so I think I will be just fine removing decals only. That metallic orange is too nice to cover up with those silly decals. Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
farkedup said:
the door was surprisingly the easiest part to do :) used a lil bit of floss then just pulled LOL all came off clean. It felt like a big rubber strip.

If you can't see those pics scroll down a few posts on http://forum.iamnotageek.com/t-1819080118.html that's a site I own which I posted on first.
Can you floss off all the badges? I am rebadging with original Charger badges and was just wondering.

Thanks

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
take a look at the pics :) the only thing I didn't get off was the ram on the front...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts