Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YES !

I finally got to take the Charger to the track.

I got a total of 8 runs in since there were very few cars tonight ... no line, just a constant flow. All runs were done with ESP completely disabled using the turn-key method as I had plenty of space to hold the key while moving (mine works at very low speeds, just have to be moving and in Drive).

Took a half-hour break after the first 4 runs with the first one doing a 14.8 sec. time followed by some 14.7's, a 14.58 and a 14.61, all with a terminal speed in the 96-97.xx range.

The first 5 runs were done (unfortunately) with a second person in the car adding excess weight.

On the 6th run I red-lighted on the way to a 14.7 and I knew I had to go at least once more, not to go home with a red-light on the brain ... :knockout:

What followed put a huge grin on my face as my 7th run was the best one of the night at 14.25 sec @ 98.13 mph and the last run was a slightly slower (but still happy with it) 14.43 sec @ 97.53 mph.

I think I still could've done a little better than the 14.25 but 8 runs down the track was enough abuse for my baby tonight so I shut it down and became a spectator .

Note that this is with all-wheel-drive, no brake-torque at all on the last 2 runs (just a quick release of the brakes as I'd jump on the gas pedal).

Here's my attempt at showing proof, a bad pic of the time slips of the 2 best runs, hope you guys can read them OK. Let me know what you think.

See my sig for my mods :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Gabe, nice runs man! I really need to drag my butt up there and see what my R/T will do. I was gonna hold off till I got the new tires and rims this spring, but maybe I'll have to go some time this fall before the track closes for the winter.

·
Registered
14,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gabe, nice runs man! I really need to drag my butt up there and see what my R/T will do. I was gonna hold off till I got the new tires and rims this spring, but maybe I'll have to go some time this fall before the track closes for the winter.
Thanks Brian ... one thing to remember: NE Dragway closes for the season at the end of this month, so there's only 3 Wednesdays and 3 Fridays left (street nights)

Post up if you're gonna go, I'd probably go again.

·
Registered
12,561 Posts
That is a pretty good time for an almost stock AWD.

·
Registered
14,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a pretty good time for an almost stock AWD.
The 14.4 and especially the 14.2 ... YES, I was very happy with them also (for now :D )

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Hay GABE,

Not bad with the 14.25, but I would still get the engine temp down to
140 before your race down the 1/4 mile. That will give you the BEST ET
possible. Be sure to check out the sticky, how to drag race the right way

WTG
Chuck

·
Registered
14,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hay GABE,

Not bad with the 14.25, but I would still get the engine temp down to
140 before your race down the 1/4 mile. That will give you the BEST ET
possible. Be sure to check out the sticky, how to drag race the right way

WTG
Chuck
The engine temp hovered right around 203-216 degrees throughout all the runs .... I did kinda feel that maybe the car had a 13.XX in it after that 14.25 but 8 runs was enough for me, especially at only 4100 miles ... I'll head back maybe later this month or in the spring for new times (hopefully by then I'll have a new T-stat and the Diablo Predator 93-CAI tune installed)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.