Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I still have to hook up the sensor and sender when I put the Charger on a lift and install the sandwich adapter on the oil filter, where the stuff wil go; but I finished the interior installation of the gauges today. I was never a fan of the A pillar thing, but after the install I realy like it!!
The gauges light up white when I turn the car on, and will switch to red when I turn on the parking lights.
They are completely blacked-out when off.

Oh yeah, it's an oil temperature on the top and an air/fuel analog on the bottom.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I like them! Love that ya did the red gurge to match your Goval dash color mod. Did ya put lil ram heads in those too? Couldnt see it.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I like them! Love that ya did the red gurge to match your Goval dash color mod. Did ya put lil ram heads in those too? Couldnt see it.
No, they come like that, as an option. It gives you the option of having red all around, white all around, or switching between the 2. All you have to do is connect the wires at the right place (ACC 12V+ or headlight switch Dimmer).

A pillar gauge pods:
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/300gaugea.htm
I ran to Wallmart, bought a can of primer, clear coat and a "sandstone" spray paint and painted the pods. They come black or grey, so it needs to be colormatched.
They go right on top of the OEM pillar, mounted with 2 fasteners. I didn't use the fasteners, instead I screwed 1 small screw at the top and bottom (in a location you can't see when mounted), and applied some silicone adhesive under it, between the new pillar and the old pillar. I also had to drill holes on the OEM pillar to feed the wires through it.

Amber/White Gauges:
http://www.deftracing.com/prosport_gauges/index_prosport_gauges_amber_white_52mm.htm
Like I've said above, they can be connected in a different color set-ups.

Sandwich adapter:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OIL-...015QQitemZ250147001231QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Also, I had to buy some 18 gauge hook-up wire rolls. The wiring that comes with the gauges are not long enough.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Someone said I should have gotten the pressure gauge vice the temperature one. Don't realy know the reason why.
If you're not planing on putting any boost gauge (since you probably don't have a turbo or SC), I'd opt for the oil temp. and pressure gauges along with air/fuel. If you have an audio system, the voltmeter gauge is a good one to have. The Charger already has the water temperature. I don't see the point of getting that exhaust gauge. So if you ask me, I'd say get the; oil temperaure gauge, oil pressure gauge, and air/fuel.
Or you can get the oil pressure, air/fuel, and the vacuum one that monitors your manifold I think... But that Vacuum one is a little complicated to install.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.