Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I'm sort of a newbie around here. I picked up my 2014 R/T Plus with the Blacktop package in late November. I'm absolutely in love with this car... anyway, my vow of keeping this beast stock went out the window. I started by taking off and debadging the "CHARGER" letters on the trunk, replacing the chrome R/T badge with a black one, and doing the "Ghost mod" by taking off the "D O D G E" letters on the tail light.

I also tinted the marker lights and added a touch of me; a Setina police push bar/bumper. Now, I know this isn't everyone's particular taste, but I fell in love with it. Install was pretty simple, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I'm getting a kick out of watching people obey the rules of the road around me :)

Here's a before/after of the rear debadge/black RT.

And the before/after of the push bar

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Nice! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
There will be people that brake thinking you're the Fuzz. The ghost taillight mod is different and I'm liking it.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Looks good.

As far as people slowing down, I had a TorRed Charger with black stripes on the sides, and STILL had people slow down in front of me!

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Nice man, that is one beefy push bar!

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Now just add a pair of PIAA low profile driving lights to enhance night driving and complete the look...:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Yes this! ^^

·
Registered
230 Posts
congrats on the new ride looks good!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice! :bigthumb:
Thanks!

There will be people that brake thinking you're the Fuzz. The ghost taillight mod is different and I'm liking it.
With the tinted windows and black wheels, people do double takes quite often haha. But yes, the ghost mod appealed to me a lot. I hadn't seen it done a whole lot, and my whole goal for this car was to rid it of any and all chrome on the exterior.

Looks good.

As far as people slowing down, I had a TorRed Charger with black stripes on the sides, and STILL had people slow down in front of me!
Thank you! Yeah, I'm sure the lustre of watching people panic around my car will wear off haha.

Nice man, that is one beefy push bar!
I chose the Setina one, because that's what all of our police units use here in this area. I love the look of them. My boyfriend wants to drive my car all the time now... go figure. LOL!

Now just add a pair of PIAA low profile driving lights to enhance night driving and complete the look...:)

OMG! Those look amazing!! I'll definitely be looking into some of those!

congrats on the new ride looks good!
Thanks a lot! This is by far my favorite vehicle that I've had. Other than my monster F150... haha. :driving:

·
Registered
635 Posts
I like the police package looks!! :rocker: Now with the PIAAs is more like a cop car...

·
Registered
635 Posts
I definitely do too! It's not super common, which is why I chose to go that direction with it. I work in the law enforcement field, so it's fitting :)
Wow, it will be like a work's extension... in my case, my R/T is the same color as the highway patrols in Puerto Rico, and every time I drove near other drivers they obeyed the laws!! :driving: A year ago, the highway police upgraded their fleet with 2012 Chargers, but I won't change mine... :rocker:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, it will be like a work's extension... in my case, my R/T is the same color as the highway patrols in Puerto Rico, and every time I drove near other drivers they obeyed the laws!! :driving: A year ago, the highway police upgraded their fleet with 2012 Chargers, but I won't change mine... :rocker:
The Chargers are being phased out by the new Explorers here... Crown Vics are becoming obsolete. There are a few narc Chargers still around, but the Explorers are where it's at now haha.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Blue charger here, so I'm used to people driving the speed limit in front of me too lol.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Blue? We don't have any blue units around here that I know of. Just the typical black/white, white polar bear units, and then black, white, or dark gray narcs LOL.
Our state troopers are dark blue and white here. I think at night people just see the headlights and think it's the po-po, even with the fog lights on. Most non-car people don't even pay attention to color, just what the headlights looks like in the rear view mirror I guess.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Looks good.

X2... I was amazed at how many vehicles would not pass my TorRed Charger on the highway, especially if there was a "blitz" going on that week. And I continue to laugh as most don't know what to think about the PCP yet. LOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
X2... I was amazed at how many vehicles would not pass my TorRed Charger on the highway, especially if there was a "blitz" going on that week. And I continue to laugh as most don't know what to think about the PCP yet. LOL
People either tap their brakes and slow down, or move over when they see me coming up in their rearview mirror. I think I might start getting annoyed with the former pretty soon haha.

OR, they'll pass me on the left like a bat out of hell, and then panic and hit their brakes when they see the push bar, and just keep pace with me. Oh man... LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
People either tap their brakes and slow down, or move over when they see me coming up in their rearview mirror. I think I might start getting annoyed with the former pretty soon haha.

OR, they'll pass me on the left like a bat out of hell, and then panic and hit their brakes when they see the push bar, and just keep pace with me. Oh man... LOL
lol thats exactly how it was for me about two months ago when i first got my car. it was a former police car and still had grill and police wheels. loved it the first month then got annoying after awhile. plus when the local cops started waiving to me when i drove by i was like enoughs enough, so its slowly transforming.

yours looks awsome tho great job :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts