Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is 2c3cdxat5dh642660. Read out says a V6 but there is a 5.7 Hemi under the hood. It had been owned by the NC Highway Patrol only since new. Could it be a special order? Any other ideas?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Most likely misprint. My build sheet said my car came with LED projector fog lights which it definitely comes with halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Build Sheet shows:

5.7 VVT MDS,
2.65 Rear end ratio,

So whatever decoder you used is wrong. Also welcome to the Pursuit family!

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Build Sheet shows:

5.7 VVT MDS,
2.65 Rear end ratio,

So whatever decoder you used is wrong. Also welcome to the Pursuit family!
I knew it was a 5.7, I looked under the hood. figured code was wrong but WOW! 2.65 gears?? I hoped around 3,55, but she still gets up gooooooes! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
8th digit is the engine code and your 8th is a T and T = 5.7L so your car was built with the 5.7L no doubt about it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys and that build sheet is well appreciated, saved and printed for future reference.🚔👍😀😀

·
Registered
486 Posts
2.65's will give you better legs on highway. And better mpgs.

However I do enjoy my 3.06 sometimes around the city though.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Normally the 2.65 would only come on a V6 car, so you can be forgiven for thinking such, but the Pursuits are a special breed and get unique build packages.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
My 2013 R/T Plus has 2.65's.
well if that’s what came in it from the factory then it is a rare, strange beast indeed!

although I will say the higher rear gears hardly seems like a plus, so why on earth that would be part of the R/T Plus package is beyond me...🧐

·
Registered
486 Posts
well if that’s what came in it from the factory then it is a rare, strange beast indeed!

although I will say the higher rear gears hardly seems like a plus, so why on earth that would be part of the R/T Plus package is beyond me...🧐

2.65s would be great for highway, lower rpms per mph. I would think the V6 would get the 3.06 ratios (or higher) to help with acceleration. I know with the 3.06 in my Pursuit I get dang good off line and city mpgs for what it is, but man those highway mpgs kinda suck with the rpms I am turning.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
2.65s would be great for highway, lower rpms per mph. I would think the V6 would get the 3.06 ratios (or higher) to help with acceleration. I know with the 3.06 in my Pursuit I get dang good off line and city mpgs for what it is, but man those highway mpgs kinda suck with the rpms I am turning.
They def help with MPGs. I’ve got MDS off and I’m still averaging over 20 MPG (21.5ish) on highway trips while loaded down with 500 or so extra lbs of dead weight.

But that’s only when I drive like I want to (75-85 mph with lots of passing maneuvers). If I try to get good MPGs, I can leave the cruise set at 70-75 mph and attempt no passing maneuvers and get 24-25 mpg on highway trips out of town.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts