Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our weather here in Iowa has dipped down for some unusual cool temps. My car seems to run warmer now (in town) with the air OFF. Putting around town it runs 205-215 in cooler weather and air off.

All summer when it was 80-90 degrees out and I had the air ON it ran cooler around 200-210 then would coold down.

With the air OFF and cooler outside is it not kicking my fans on until it reaches 212-215 now????

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
it has been some crazy weather huh?! the fans are pre-set from the factory to automatically turn on low at 212*, and full high both at 225*

I think that running the air conditioner forces the fans on lower to help keep the engine tmeps cooler so the air conditioner is more efficent...but thats just my crack pot theory, never really looked into that, but I noticed the same thing

·
Registered
65 Posts
I believe that blairian is right. My 97 T/A used to do the same thing. When the air is on the fans are programmed to run more often, but I don't really know the exact routine. Perhaps as a test try running the air to see if the temperature runs lower to prove the theory

1 - 3 of 3 Posts