Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 TorRed Charger Scatpack Daytona
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 2019 Scat is approaching it's 3 year comprehensive...60k. I can't stop driving it haha, currently at around 42k.

I've seen multiple guys here, talking about the MVP Warranty being the one to get, but it varies by dealership. I don't know where to begin, googling doesn't seem to yield much.

I'm wondering if it's a US thing. I'm new to warranties in general so really appreciate.

I'm in the Brampton, ON, Canada area. Where our cars are assembled!

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Glad to read someone else lives to drive a lot besides me and a few others. You get a lot of enjoyment.

There are a couple sites to look into but being outside the basic bumper to bumper I do not know how that impacts available coverage or prices.

Our vendor, Chrysler Warranty Direct is the first place i would try. I went through Zeigler CDJ for my MOPAR plan and it covers Canada, Mexico and USA owners. I wouldn't wait any longer contacting a representative.

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
About all I can add is that I went with FCA plan 419 at purchase-time. I knew it was a risk in the event I lose the car, but for $4k CDN I'm covered to 7 years and 115,000 km. Just giving you comparison. You can google what the plan covers, but it's most things, plus all the extra crap like roadside assistance.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
About all I can add is that I went with FCA plan 419 at purchase-time. I knew it was a risk in the event I lose the car, but for $4k CDN I'm covered to 7 years and 115,000 km. Just giving you comparison. You can google what the plan covers, but it's most things, plus all the extra crap like roadside assistance.
Well who did you call?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to read someone else lives to drive a lot besides me and a few others. You get a lot of enjoyment.

There are a couple sites to look into but being outside the basic bumper to bumper I do not know how that impacts available coverage or prices.

Our vendor, Chrysler Warranty Direct is the first place i would try. I went through Zeigler CDJ for my MOPAR plan and it covers Canada, Mexico and USA owners. I wouldn't wait any longer contacting a representative.
Called Chrysler Warranty Direct and the mentioned they're unable to sell to Canadians, with cars titled in Canada.

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Well who did you call?
Sorry if I wasn't clear... I bought the service plan at purchase time, so I didn't need to call anyone. My dealership facilitated it. I know that doesn't help, but maybe knowing what I ordered and what I paid will.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry if I wasn't clear... I bought the service plan at purchase time, so I didn't need to call anyone. My dealership facilitated it. I know that doesn't help, but maybe knowing what I ordered and what I paid will.
Ahh, gotcha. Thanks :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well so far its a nightmare. No company like Zeigler or Chrysler Warranty Direct seems to exist in Canada. Perusing Canadian themed forums shows others have had similar issues in the past.

Looks like they've had to carpet bomb dealers nationwide..
I'll start gathering service manager and finance manager contact details over next day or so...
then send out a specifically worded email.
Since my car is going in for PPF Monday, I'll spend those few days being productive instead of wallowing in my withdrawal.

...That's the hope anyway

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ALRIGHT
What a kerfluffle. Have emailed roughly 15 dealerships (their financial managers or business managers whoever is responsible for bilking people)

A lot of mixed responses. Most did not read my very short, to the point initial email which stated what I was looking for and the criteria needed to be met. It also included relevant info from my side (vin, in service date, make model, year and odomoter).

So many "Sure Torred392Daytona, if you want to send me along [info I've already stated] we can take a look at that"
Or
"Hi Torred392Daytona, do you have a number I can reach you at?"

Anyway,
It seems some dealerships want to apply a 1400 dollar surcharge for being what they say is a SRT vehicle, and some don't.
What I wanted was the 5 year, 100k
Have had offers ranging from 1379+ hst to 4200+hst

FCA plan code 415.
or sometimes plan 410

Some guy quoted plan c30 which I've not seen before - anyone know what that is?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So my best offer was FCA Gold plan 415, for 1350+HST = $1525.50 CAD.

What do you guys think? I have the paper in hand to sign but will mull it over in a bit.
Seems he's not applying an SRT surcharge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts