Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im sure most of you know that finding a nice decent set of wheels to stick drag radials on are a total pain. Since I dont want to go out and get a small break kit for the rear for 15 or 16 inch rims, I wanted to go with a set of 17s. I heard around the grape vine that mustang wheel would do the job. Does anyone else know if this is true?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yes, mustang wheels work, you just need to bore out the center hub a little

Most guys use cheap cobra R style

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Ok so im sure most of you know that finding a nice decent set of wheels to stick drag radials on are a total pain. Since I dont want to go out and get a small break kit for the rear for 15 or 16 inch rims, I wanted to go with a set of 17s. I heard around the grape vine that mustang wheel would do the job. Does anyone else know if this is true?
Be careful buying 17s, you need 18 inch minimum for the RT to clear the front rotors, 17 may work in the back, but certainly won't fit in the front.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I believe that you will need to get spacers so the tires will not rub also. I don't remember what thickness you would need but I think I saw a thread on it in the forums.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
There's plenty of other companies that make 17s specifically for our cars too, so you're not squeezing a 114.xx onto a 115 bolt pattern. The cobra wheels are great and can get the job done for cheap though.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
race stars make 17s that have our bolt pattern..
I run cobra Rs on the back for DRs on my SRT8 and I just picked up a set of 17in race stars of a member on LXF for my front runners they clear the Brembos no spacer required..
Will be picking up a set if 17in race stars for the back for next year..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts