Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning at about 1 a.m. I was heading south on the Northeast Extension of the Turnpike in Pennsylvania. It's two lanes each direction, separated by a concrete barrier. No traffic at all.

A yellow Mustang GT was scooted up on me and did an aggressive pass in the right lane. I got on it gently to warn him off, but he was with his toothless girlfriend and apparently needed to impress her. My girlfriend was comfortably sleeping in the spacious passenger/front seat with the heated seat roasting her.

I rolled it on and walked away from him easily- was up to 125 or so. I got back in the right lane and slowed to 65. The result of this dusting should have been that it was clear that he should spend his money on something else, like teeth for his girl, but no such luck. He flew up on my rear and jumped to the left lane. I rolled it on again, got up with him and started to pass.

Suddenly, I hear this awful noise and he's gone. I look in the side mirror and see what looks like fire. Even though it's a Mustang, I had to stop to make sure he's okay- it's 1 a.m. Scoot back on the shoulder and see the trashed driver's side of his "ride".

The road was under construction, and when he jumped to the left lane it was about 5 inches lower than the right and had no blacktop- full of grating and gulleys. He lost control and smashed against the 4 foot concrete barrier at about 80-90 mph.

Now his car's grill looks like his chick's.

Don't F with my SRT8.

·
Registered
269 Posts
It's cool that you smoked a Mustang, but it's always sad when someone gets into an accident. Hopefully he came out alright.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
You might want to be careful next time becuase if something were to have seriously happened than the police might try to get you for wreckless driving (racing). This escpecially happens if either one of you hit another car and that causes minor damage to sometimes death which would turn into vehicular manslaughter. I think I would have just kept driving and hope to god they were ok and that nobody saw us racing.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
You might want to be careful next time becuase if something were to have seriously happened than the police might try to get you for wreckless driving (racing). This escpecially happens if either one of you hit another car and that causes minor damage to sometimes death which would turn into vehicular manslaughter. I think I would have just kept driving and hope to god they were ok and that nobody saw us racing.
It was very stupid but you can't just keep on driving. Without knowing if anyone was hurt I could not just go on. I would have to suffer the penalty if caught and see if they needed help. I mean they were BOTH involved and what if the other guy died and could have been saved. Too much for me to leave to chance I guess. Just my take.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
It was very stupid but you can't just keep on driving. Without knowing if anyone was hurt I could not just go on. I would have to suffer the penalty if caught and see if they needed help. I mean they were BOTH involved and what if the other guy died and could have been saved. Too much for me to leave to chance I guess. Just my take.
Sure, you do that and then the person dies and you get 20+ years in jail. Not me I could live with my concious, I just wouldn't listen to the radio, watch TV, or read the newspaper for about a week or two to avoid hearing the end result.

Take it like this I see it as your running away from a cop, he trips and becomes seriously wounded.. You would stop and wait until the paramedics go there? Heck no maybe in both situations I would probably stop at the nearest public phone and call for help.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Sure, you do that and then the person dies and you get 20+ years in jail. Not me I could live with my concious, I just wouldn't listen to the radio, watch TV, or read the newspaper for about a week or two to avoid hearing the end result.

Take it like this I see it as your running away from a cop, he trips and becomes seriously wounded.. You would stop and wait until the paramedics go there? Heck no maybe in both situations I would probably stop at the nearest public phone and call for help.
what u mean is - u dont have one :smoke:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
what u mean is - u dont have one :smoke:
Don't have what? A cell phone? Yeah I do have one but why would I use something that could be traced back to me... Now thats just common sense.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Serves him right for not getting the message the first time imo. I hate it when someone just wont leave you alone on the highway and endangers you by driving recklessly around you trying to get you to race when you make it perfectly clear that you don't want to. I have no pity for him tbh.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
he could have just as easily not engaged a 2nd race, just let the guy drive off having been beaten him so easily. what more was there to prove? how many more people have to be injured or worse die for others to realize this sh!t should be done on a track? And to be honest? DEAD WRONG not stoppin to make sure someone was ok. But those are just my opinions, so flame away

Tom

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
he could have just as easily not engaged a 2nd race, just let the guy drive off having been beaten him so easily. what more was there to prove? how many more people have to be injured or worse die for others to realize this sh!t should be done on a track? And to be honest? DEAD WRONG not stoppin to make sure someone was ok. But those are just my opinions, so flame away

Tom
Blah, blah, blah, blah, gees I think he already knows that street racing is bad I am sure that you guys have either raced others at some point in your life or speeded. I consider speeding the same thing as racing, if there is a posted speed limit then that means you have to go that speed anything above and beyond that is dangerous and your putting others and yourself at risk so don't try to preach to him.

Don't tell him what he should or shouldn't do your not his parents and your not a cop. All I did was to make him of aware of what could happen to him if the situation was worse or had ended in a different way.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Blah, blah, blah, blah, gees I think he already knows that street racing is bad I am sure that you guys have either raced others at some point in your life or speeded. I consider speeding the same thing as racing, if there is a posted speed limit then that means you have to go that speed anything above and beyond that is dangerous and your putting others and yourself at risk so don't try to preach to him.

Don't tell him what he should or shouldn't do your not his parents and your not a cop. All I did was to make him of aware of what could happen to him if the situation was worse or had ended in a different way.
whole lot of assumptions made by you of me, someone you have never met. Let's see..I dont street race, nor do I go to the drag strip. Driving above a posted speed limit is racing?? Not sure how those connect but ok.

And isnt making him aware of something by your own words "preaching" or acting like a parent??

·
Registered
810 Posts
Don't have what? A cell phone? Yeah I do have one but why would I use something that could be traced back to me... Now thats just common sense.

I'm kinda thinking what he meant was that you may not have a conscience

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
did I ever tell you guys about the BigFoot I shot and stuffed? :smoke:
That's great Curz. Good work. Except in my case it's the truth. And, you just demonstrated you're an ass.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Allow me to be the first. Shame of both of them for racing in a construction zone.
You are correct- racing anywhere on a public roadway is inappropriate and illegal. It was a moment of weakness and no one was on the road. ALSO- and most importantly, there were no signs marking a construction zone coming up. I had just been in the left lane, and I'm pretty sure that had I stayed there even at the 65 m.p.h. speed limit I would have trashed my car.

It was, indeed, a lesson learned. One which I though I had learned a long time ago.

I'm also fairly certain that if we followed everyone on this forum for a week or two, each one would do something illegal or just wrong when they thought no one was looking. Be it 5 m.p.h. over, quick starts, spinning the tires, or 100 m.p.h.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts