Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was cruising yesterday afternoon and came up to a lite with a pretty nice mustang gt in front of me and first at the lite while red! He was giving me a little exhaust rumble so i knew that it was going to be an interesting green light. Sure enough the second it went green he shot out of there like a bat out of hell and i was quite suprised that he seemed to put a little gain on me for a few seconds, then as expected the 6.1 woke the hell up and rolled by him fairly easy but it kinda pissed me off that he pulled me for even a few seconds!! I may not have my launches down but he just seemed quicker off the line until my ponys got going good!! I cant wait until i get the ppp stage 2 package and a new torque convertor as i think the cards will be quite different then with cars like that as hopefully i can light them up out of the dig as well as down the road as sometimes our cars do seem like big lazy rides, i know that we are heavy and all of that but just dont seem right with all of our power to not be able to completely enialate a gt or any other cars similar to that!! Talked to Andy at ppp today and he thinks that stage 2 and a 2800 tc will be one helluva quick and fast bullet!! what do all of you guys think about it and how do u feel about our awesome cars most of the time!! Is it just me or do sometimes our cars just dont seem to launch that great with just a few mods on them!!:nervous s

·
Registered
542 Posts
I've seen some track videos of different Charger SRT8 where the other car gets ahead at the start, but the charger srt8 end up winning the race... check out this video, it happened to me last week at the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItcE3US2k6U

Can’t wait to see how your car runs with the ppp stage 2 package and the torque converter.

·
Registered
350 Posts
if you are behind someone...by default..your going to start slower.

If your side by side with a mustang GT..and get a decent launch..you will pull immediately. I can run a routine sub 5 second 0-60 (a mid 4.5 with really good launch) in my charger. A stock GT simply can't.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I've seen some track videos of different Charger SRT8 where the other car gets ahead at the start, but the charger srt8 end up winning the race... check out this video, it happened to me last week at the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItcE3US2k6U

Can’t wait to see how your car runs with the ppp stage 2 package and the torque converter.
I can't believe that malibu was running full out with that sound and intake. No way, man!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'm sure you would surprise him at the top end though, eh?

:lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I can run a routine sub 5 second 0-60 (a mid 4.5 with really good launch) in my charger. A stock GT simply can't.
Well according to your sig you are not stock - not even close.

Put that same amount of mods on a new GT and you will see his tail lights every time.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well according to your sig you are not stock - not even close.

Put that same amount of mods on a new GT and you will see his tail lights every time.

I was referring to the car in my avatar, which is a bone stock Plum Crazy srt8, as opposed to the car in my sig, which is my modded C (my best time in that is 4.32, but "normal" good run is 4.45-4.6). sorry bout the confusion...

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I was referring to the car in my avatar, which is a bone stock Plum Crazy srt8, as opposed to the car in my sig, which is my modded C (my best time in that is 4.32, but "normal" good run is 4.45-4.6). sorry bout the confusion...
Seriously! A stock Mustang GT is BROCOLI next to a SRT8.

And enough about "but there are more mods" crap.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Everyone dogs on mustangs, and naturally, as this IS a chargerforum.

HOWEVER they are a pretty sharp car, and performance-wise not all THAT bad, come on.

SRT8 would win but GTs are nice too.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Everyone dogs on mustangs, and naturally, as this IS a chargerforum.

HOWEVER they are a pretty sharp car, and performance-wise not all THAT bad, come on.

SRT8 would win but GTs are nice too.
I have owned half a dozen Mustangs starting with a 1966. I love Mustangs. But Ford blew it with that engine design. They have spent hundreds of millions to finally extract decent naturally aspirate power from the modular 4.6 (3 valve design).

The GT is not a match for the SRT8 - but the GT500 is quicker than the SRT8 provided the driver knows how to drive.

I would say that both Mustang models are quicker than their respective Charger models - as they should be since they are small coupes. BUt is amzaing how close they are given the size differential.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.