Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No shame in that. 13-second cars will typically beat 14-second cars.
i doubt a 40 years car will run 13s, but hey what do i know, but 6-7 cars is just rediculous, anyways i wanted to know if that guy is here so he can tell us his side of the story

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
i doubt a 40 years car will run 13s, but hey what do i know, but 6-7 cars is just rediculous, anyways i wanted to know if that guy is here so he can tell us his side of the story
My buddies 40 year old Mustang will run 11's.
You never know whats in there :)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My buddies 40 year old Mustang will run 11's.
You never know whats in there :)
yeah that car must be sick, i think chances are those car are rebuilt since in 40 years the stock part would be rusted by now. But you are right u never know until you run it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I smell a big time exaggeration.
6-7 car lenghts ?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
who in this forum lost to a 66 mustang gt, step up and show ur face!!

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_3942199/tm.htm
According to the forum this is what was in the Mustang

Nice kill man, just wondering, what's in your 66?

(in reply to fast65)
Post #: 7

RE: 66 mustang vs 07 dodge charger r/t hemi - 9/29/2007 7:33:08 PM

mjr46
5th Gear Member

Status: offline 3.50 GEARS t-5 tranny aluminum fidanza flywheel, king cobra clutch, 74 302 bored .040 with forged light weight pistons with only two valve reliefs per cylinder...motor is 0 balanced ...crane fireball cam .500/.500 lift 300 duration...69 302 heads with manely ss valves 1.94/1.50 ...lightly ported and ploished...roller rockers and heads converted to stud mount.....rpm air gap intake and 650 double pumper...hooker super comp headers and 2 1/2 inch flowmaster exhaust

The moral to the story is: Watch what you jump on - stock Mustangs and GMs aren't slow and modded ones are monsters :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
who in this forum lost to a 66 mustang gt, step up and show ur face!!

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_3942199/tm.htm
Here is another post from the same forum:

i raced an r/t and i lost horribly, and im far from stock so he prolly was too, but straight out the box, srt 8's are monsters

Not trying to take up for the Mopars (well maybe I am a little prejudiced :)but just want to see them get a fair shake.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'd call BS on the 6-7 car lengths for sure. I've got a 72 Plymouth Cuda and maybe in an 8th mile it would smoke my Charger, but realistically I've only got three gears in it so to have that many car lengths by the time it got to third gear it'd have to be something pretty wicked. Not saying it isn't possible, but a 302 that sounds as mild as that one? No way. Oh yeah..and that car would have come stock with a 289 at best. If it had the stock motor, he would have been whining that the r/t was modded. I would actually almost question if he had an r/t, or if it was a v6 with r/t badges.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I'd call BS on the 6-7 car lengths for sure. I've got a 72 Plymouth Cuda and maybe in an 8th mile it would smoke my Charger, but realistically I've only got three gears in it so to have that many car lengths by the time it got to third gear it'd have to be something pretty wicked. Not saying it isn't possible, but a 302 that sounds as mild as that one? No way. Oh yeah..and that car would have come stock with a 289 at best. If it had the stock motor, he would have been whining that the r/t was modded. I would actually almost question if he had an r/t, or if it was a v6 with r/t badges.
According to the owner of the Mustang this is what is in the Mustang
3.50 GEARS t-5 tranny aluminum fidanza flywheel, king cobra clutch, 74 302 bored .040 with forged light weight pistons with only two valve reliefs per cylinder...motor is 0 balanced ...crane fireball cam .500/.500 lift 300 duration...69 302 heads with manely ss valves 1.94/1.50 ...lightly ported and ploished...roller rockers and heads converted to stud mount.....rpm air gap intake and 650 double pumper...hooker super comp headers and 2 1/2 inch flowmaster exhaust

With this equipment and the Mustang being super light it should have beaten the Charger.

This was posted on the same Mustang forum from a Mustang owner:

i raced an r/t and i lost horribly, and im far from stock so he prolly was too, but straight out the box, srt 8's are monsters

1 - 15 of 15 Posts