Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Friend(who for some strange reason) is getting a 05 goat. then there is a guy in my hood w/a stang, and on top of that my frat has a the new vette. So needless to say when i get my charger i'm trying them all!!! But what my question to you guys is: Who do you think will be the real comp on the streets for the charger? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
RonRacer said:
My Friend(who for some strange reason) is getting a 05 goat. then there is a guy in my hood w/a stang, and on top of that my frat has a the new vette. So needless to say when i get my charger i'm trying them all!!! But what my question to you guys is: Who do you think will be the real comp on the streets for the charger? :rolleyes:
The new Mustang has similar performance to what I've heard predicted for the Charger. Maybe a Cadillac CTS-V too, although you'd probably be seeing tail lights frequently.

Also, I suggest staying away from your other two buddies. You'll never see the front of either the GTO or the Vette in a race.

·
Registered
474 Posts
gnxs said:
The new Mustang has similar performance to what I've heard predicted for the Charger. Maybe a Cadillac CTS-V too, although you'd probably be seeing tail lights frequently.

Also, I suggest staying away from your other two buddies. You'll never see the front of either the GTO or the Vette in a race.
If you are going up against a CTS-V, you best be driving a Charger SRT8. A regular Charger will not hang with the CTS-V. I think you have to keep in mind that the Charger will be considered a family car. Thinking of pitting a Charger up against a Vette or a GTO, isn't really a good match unless, once again, you are in an SRT version. The Vette and GTO are designed around performance and speed, the Charger however has a more difficult task of having to also be suitable as a family car, albeit one that will haul ass. I do think that the new Impala coming out this fall with the 300hp V-8 will be good competition for it though. My solution? Just get the Charger SRT8 and call it a day...lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
RR,

like the others said depending on the gto -n- stang, you'd have to cop a srt8.
but if you're gettin the 5.7, my 300C would be a fun family riv.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Country said:
My solution? Just get the Charger SRT8 and call it a day...lol.

Well of course we are talking bout the SRT. I don't know why any one would get the base model. Now as for the CTS-V. That thing is a beast. placeing 1 & 2 in the SCCA up aganist the Viper, Porche, and the Vette. So thats where i place the caddy. but i think the the charger could take a GTO. and i just have to let ya'll know how bad my bro bet me in his vette.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe in the latest MT.
CTS-V v. SRT-8 v. GTO
Placing as far as 0-60 & 1/4 mile.

1) CTS-V
2) SRT-8
3) GTO

word on the street is that the PCM/ECU has been hacked for the 5.7!! look out SRT-8s for a modded Cs & R/Ts

·
Registered
41 Posts
tekhen said:
CTS-V v. SRT-8 v. GTO

1) CTS-V
2) SRT-8
3) GTO

word on the street is that the PCM/ECU has been hacked for the 5.7!! look out SRT-8s for a modded Cs & R/Ts
If they hacked it for the 5.7, than they are only a step off of hacking for the 6.1. Don't think the SRT's have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
291 Posts
tekhen said:
CTS-V v. SRT-8 v. GTO

1) CTS-V
2) SRT-8
3) GTO

Not been hacked but was given the program to change some stuff - Durando Dude concept truck. You can figure it out who has the software. :D

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok who hacked it and what is there number

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
tekhen said:
CTS-V v. SRT-8 v. GTO

1) CTS-V
2) SRT-8
3) GTO

But those numbers are for the heavier 300C SRT-8:) Shave 300ish off the weight of the SRT-8 for Charger and the numbers look better, I'l bet.

"Hacked Cs and R/Ts", nah, there's a hell of a lot more going on that just .3 displacement to make up for. Helluva hack that going to make + 70whp:)

Remember, these are NOT turbodeisels, where you can just up the boost for huge gains. You gotta get that power from somewhere.

·
Registered
28 Posts
As fast as they come they go.

gsm has built the superchrager with info coming within the next couple of weeks but sorry to say the hack has now come into question. More info to come as I find out :-(

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To Good to be true :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
GLHS837 said:
But those numbers are for the heavier 300C SRT-8:) Shave 300ish off the weight of the SRT-8 for Charger and the numbers look better, I'l bet.

"Hacked Cs and R/Ts", nah, there's a hell of a lot more going on that just .3 displacement to make up for. Helluva hack that going to make + 70whp:)

Remember, these are NOT turbodeisels, where you can just up the boost for huge gains. You gotta get that power from somewhere.
Well, when he mentioned hacked, I am sure he meant "now mods can be properly accounted for in the programming." Yes you can get ported heads, or get a wilder cam, or add a centrifugal supercharger. But, without proper adjustments to the programming those changes won't be correct. That is where the hack comes in. IF they hacked the 5.7 to allow those changes and proper tuning, but you were still unable to hack the 6.1 -- then heck yah the SRT's would be left in the wake of the 5.7's. Now, nobody in their right mind would think that a simple pcm tune is going to make a 5.7 outperform a 6.1. A pcm tune with gears, exhaust and ported heads is a new ballgame. That is why the LS1 is still going to lay waste to the new HEMI. The aftermarket just hasn't been able to get into it yet.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I see your point. Want to bet that to be competetive with the 6.1, your going to have to a spend almost as much as if you'd just bought the SRT from the start? Only time will tell, of course. But that's my take. And remember, modding an MDS equipped car might bring it's own set of problems:)

·
Registered
291 Posts
GSM has not hacked the Hemi's OBC code. In fact, they are using a piggyback system to overcome the a/f problems. No different than the SRT-4 been doing since two years ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well there is no showdown unless DC responds because the showdown ends with this:

Now if dam chrysler really wants to win the showdown and be head runners they would put the 6.1 liter in the charger titanium coat all the inners of the engine throw the viper manual or the mitsu 3000 gt-vr4 manual (cost reduction choice)on the engine (chrylser owns the rights to that tranny) put a new more breathable exaust and that should give you around 500 hp 500 lbs and challange the 06 zo6 vette and 07 cobra the only problem and i know chrylser won't do it. It challenges the viper also but if you want respect and volume here's your chance. Hey Chrysler I know your reading this pay attention.

Because if you dont this will happen end the showdown and nothing can be said about the winner.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102047

The big thing is its rumored to have 500 hp!
sorry charger, sorry gto, might even be sorry corvette,(06,07 Zo6 included) And for around 40,000 looks like ford is copying the DC idea of making a high horsepower vehicle and making it affordable and making people lust over it. Hey DC you fell asleep just for a second WAKE UP. You have the lead now KEEP IT.
But if DC pays attention there is a way out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thematrixhasu said:
Well there is no showdown unless DC responds because the showdown ends with this:

Now if dam chrysler really wants to win the showdown and be head runners they would put the 6.1 liter in the charger titanium coat all the inners of the engine throw the viper manual or the mitsu 3000 gt-vr4 manual (cost reduction choice)on the engine (chrylser owns the rights to that tranny) put a new more breathable exaust and that should give you around 500 hp 500 lbs and challange the 06 zo6 vette and 07 cobra the only problem and i know chrylser won't do it. It challenges the viper also but if you want respect and volume here's your chance. Hey Chrysler I know your reading this pay attention.

Because if you dont this will happen end the showdown and nothing can be said about the winner.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102047

The big thing is its rumored to have 500 hp!
sorry charger, sorry gto, might even be sorry corvette,(06,07 Zo6 included) And for around 40,000 looks like ford is copying the DC idea of making a high horsepower vehicle and making it affordable and making people lust over it. Hey DC you fell asleep just for a second WAKE UP. You have the lead now KEEP IT.
But if DC pays attention there is a way out.
You can take the new Z06 off your list, the new cobra won't be in the same performance league as the new Z06 in stock trim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2006, 7 Zo6 is 500lbs of torque and 475lbs of torque to be exact

· LS7 7.0-liter/427-cubic-inch Gen IV V-8 with lightweight reciprocating components
· 500 horsepower (373 kw) at6200 rpm
· 475 lb.-ft. of torque (657 Nm) at 4800 rpm
· 7000 rpm redline
· Titanium connecting rods and intake valves
· Dry-sump engine lubrication system
· Engine hand-built at GM’s new Performance Build Center
· Aluminum body structure with one-piece hydroformed perimeter rails frame and magnesium front cradle
· Fixed roof design optimizes body rigidity and aerodynamics
· Carbon-fiber composite front fenders and front wheelhouses
· Unique front fascia incorporating a larger grille, cold-air scoop and lower air splitter
· Wide-body rear fenders and a unique rear spoiler incorporated with the CHMSL
· Huge 14-inch (355-mm) cross-drilled front disc brakes with six-piston calipers and 13.4-inch (340-mm) cross-drilled rear rotors with four-piston calipers

3200 lbs total weight.

Now the GT500
is going to have 500hp and 500lbs of torque along with 3400 lbs of car close race.
one that the srt8 charger is not in the league with and the gt500 is only 39,990 almost half of the 2007 ZO6 and half the price of a viper. Dont get me wrong i hate fords i am mopar to the day i die but numbers is numbers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts