·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
200 Posts
The Mach-E is just absolutely hideous and the Bronco was just an embarrassing letdown, at least for me. My wife and I were excited for the Bronco’s return until it came out and looked like a retread Bronco II. The Blazer almost looks like a Traverse. You obviously can get both that are beefier or just plain look better, but then you end up at the top of the price list.
At least with our Chargers and Challengers you can get an SXT and still look pretty good. They obviously aren’t SP’s or HC’s, but they still have that same basic look to them.

Money is getting tighter as a whole. The prices for everything from the car itself to the gas that runs it (along with many many other things) keeps going up, yet the majority of salaries are not keeping pace. Sure, you have that small number of people who are doing well. But the majority are only slightly making more money that’s worth less. Hence the desire to go with things that are cheaper on a daily basis. Plus, that’s what “they” are pushing.

Reactions: CharlieJ

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I agree, the Bronco was a huge bust. It resembles one of those Jeep Gladiatior cube looking things.

Is there a break down for the Charger and Challenger in terms of which models? I know the 392 has outsold the 5.7 and was usually in a close sales number to the 3.6.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there a break down for the Charger and Challenger in terms of which models? I know the 392 has outsold the 5.7 and was usually in a close sales number to the 3.6.
I have not seen a break down on models. It does not surprise me that the 392 would outsell the 5.7L Prior to 2015 the 392 offerings were limited. The PCM was not encrypted so it was cheaper to tune the 5.7 for more HP/TQ. The 2015+ models offer more 392 choices and the encrypted PCM makes it more expensive to tune the 5.7 Plus states like California make it more difficult to pass emissions if you have aftermarket equipment. So it makes sense to buy the HP/TQ you want with a 392 and leave it factory stock without jeopardizing the warranty.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Even with our higher than historical prices, our cars are tremendous value compared to Ford or Chevy's offering. To match the Scat performance, you are looking at $80K+ from Ford or GM.

Great to see more on the roads, helping us with parts availability down range!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Even with our higher than historical prices, our cars are tremendous value compared to Ford or Chevy's offering. To match the Scat performance, you are looking at $80K+ from Ford or GM.

Eh, that 10-speed Mustang 5.0 is pretty quick for the money.

Reactions: Karl_1052

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
4.3 seconds, right?

No doubt still fast.

However, one ton more, we're beating to the 60 in .5 seconds. Just saying :)
Those new Mustangs seem so small on the inside. I've heard they handle really well too, but I'll take my big boat of a Charger anyday.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Those new Mustangs seem so small on the inside. I've heard they handle really well too, but I'll take my big boat of a Charger anyday.
I used to get Mustang convertible rental cars in South FL all the time, circa six or seven years ago.

With the top down, Mustang was clearer on bluetooth phone than my Altima with solid roof and windows up. Mustangs are great cars, but for DD and performance, Charger.

·
Registered
564 Posts
4.3 seconds, right?

No doubt still fast.

However, one ton more, we're beating to the 60 in .5 seconds. Just saying :)
What is your best 1/4 mile? Hot Rod magazine took a 100% stock Mustang GT Premium 5.0 10 speed and ran consistent 11.80-11.90ss in it.

Most Scats are only in the low 12s, with a few breaking into the 11s.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
What is your best 1/4 mile? Hot Rod magazine took a 100% stock Mustang GT Premium 5.0 10 speed and ran consistent 11.80-11.90ss in it.

Most Scats are only in the low 12s, with a few breaking into the 11s.
Yeah I've seen consistently that A10 5.0 Mustang running high 11s stock on street tires. The A8 392s are only low 12s.

I'd still take my boat though, lol.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I used to be a Mustang guy, but I would 100% take a Scat Pack Charger/Challenger over a Mustang GT.
I just don't like the way they look at all. The 2014 bodystyle is my favorite. The newer ones look like a catfish.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just don't like the way they look at all. The 2014 bodystyle is my favorite. The newer ones look like a catfish.
Could be?

Official numbers say -

Charger SCAT

0 - 60: 3.9
1/4 Mile: 12.3
Weight: 4,385 lbs

Camaro SS

0 - 60: 4.0
1/4 Mile: 12.3
Weight: 3,686 lbs

Mach 1

0 - 60: 4.3
1/4 Mile: 12.6
Weight: 3,868 lbs

SCAT is $43K, Mach 1 is $53K.

I own three Fords, so I love some Ford (91, 93, 15). Mustang is a legit car. I always liked Mustangs more than Camaros.

I doubt how MT pulled those numbers. Would like to see them doing the same tire pressure and other settings on other cars.

·
Registered
564 Posts
That Mach 1 is a manual. It is basically a SHelby GT350 with the 5.0 instead of the 5.2.
Race it round a track with your Scat and you will find that the Mustang was not meant for straight line racing.
For straight line racing, the 10 speed auto is just as fast as the Camaro SS and Scat Pack Charger/Challenger.
Font Number Screenshot Document Circle

·
Registered
118 Posts
Motortrend’s numbers are always ridiculous. I’ve taken my SP to a track and I’ve never gotten into the mid 12s. It was a very hot, humid day, but my best run was a 12.78, and I’m running 275s front and rear with summer rubber. The wide bodies probably do better, though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That Mach 1 is a manual. It is basically a SHelby GT350 with the 5.0 instead of the 5.2.
Race it round a track with your Scat and you will find that the Mustang was not meant for straight line racing.
For straight line racing, the 10 speed auto is just as fast as the Camaro SS and Scat Pack Charger/Challenger.
View attachment 302611

I do not know where these #s are coming from, but official say -

2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 10A)4.2 sec

·
Registered
564 Posts
I do not know where these #s are coming from, but official say -

2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 10A)4.2 sec
It's really not hard to find out where they came from. Just click on the link.
Now you are sounding like you don't want to know the truth, you just want to believe that your car is faster than a Mustang GT.

·
Registered
2021 Charger Scat Pack
77 Posts

I agree these cars are phenomenal value, but outperforming a Mustang or Camaro depends what performance metric you’re referring to. A Camaro SS or Mustang GT will absolutely annihilate a Challenger in basically everything except the 1/4 mile for the same price. It all comes down to personal preference. The Camaro 1LE can outperform cars double or triple its price, but GM screwed themselves so bad with the styling and ergonomics that nobody wants them. Dodge realized they didn’t need to cater to the track day bro’s and made useable everyday cars. I love that I’ve got a nearly 500 hp RWD sedan that can easily fit my two car seats in the back as well as a suitcases and a stroller in the trunk. All the while costing less than the average new car MSRP.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts