Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I'm planning to replace the stock mid-mufflers on my 17' Charger Rallye with either of the Flowmaster 10s or 40s. The Rallye has a dual pipe similar to the challengers. I have a couple of concerns/questions that I'd like to know before making any changes since this will be my first modification to the car.
1. I've read everywhere that deleting the rear resonators will cause drone, so just thinking to replace the mid-mufflers and keeping the resonators as is. Will this configuration, make the sound any loud/better or will it just sound like the stock(current) exhaust setup? Should I think about deleting the resonators as well?
2. Shall I go with 2 - center in center out, mufflers or something with different offsets, the pipe diameters seem to be 2.5in?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
DO NOT DELETE THE REAR RESONATORS.. I would also forget the "DroneMaster" mufflers. Just try replacing the skinny little center mufflers with straight pipe and see if that does the trick.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I'm planning to replace the stock mid-mufflers on my 17' Charger Rallye with either of the Flowmaster 10s or 40s.
Yeah, don't do this.

A mid-muffler delete is a better plan. Just make sure they put in stainless steel pipe, unless you don't have rust where you are.

You can also try modifying your resonators for a little more sound. But the muffler delete would make a much bigger difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, don't do this.

A mid-muffler delete is a better plan. Just make sure they put in stainless steel pipe, unless you don't have rust where you are.

You can also try modifying your resonators for a little more sound. But the muffler delete would make a much bigger difference.
Thanks for your input. My only concern with the mid-muffler delete is that I would not want my car to end up with a go kart sound, just looking for something that makes it sound deeper.

Any other suggested muffler brands? or shall I just try out the muffler delete at first and go from there?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
If you're going to cut out the mufflers, there isn't much sense in replacing them with something else. The stock units are straight through anyway, and not very restrictive.

It's true that the end result is likely to be on the raspy side. What you've got in your favor is the R/T style resonators. They're kind of a rat's nest inside to deal with MDS drone, which you don't have. So in terms of the "go kart" sound, you've got a bit of safety margin in comparison with most other 3.6 Chargers. Chances are the sound won't be too bad with a muffler delete. If you try it and don't like it, I guess you could have mufflers put in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts