Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put mufflers on my car. I have a 2016 r/t and I wanna get rid of the stock sound. I’d like to have either Flowmaster, Borla or magnaflow. What size should I get because I see different product options. Looking for an aggressive sound but nothing extremely loud or crazy. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Start of w a muffler delete. It’s cheap and gives a nice sound. And if that doesn’t do it for ya try a classic chambered powerstick muffler. YouTube some videos and see.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is rather just get the mufflers. There are some that run less then $100. I’ll check out the YouTube video

·
Registered
892 Posts
Another muffler option is the Dynomax Mini Race Bullet mufflers #24250. These are cheap @ $22.99 a piece, and sound great. I have a set of these on my 2018 Durango R/T, they are louder than stock, and gives it a nice deep tone. I tried deleting the muffler with straight pipes, and it made it sound ratty/raspy, so I replaced those with the Dynomax's. The price I put here is what Summit Racing currently has them for, and where I got mine from. They sell them at other sites, I just found these to be a little cheaper.

I know there are some guys here that run this setup to include 392 and Hellcat owners, and they all seem pretty happy with the sound. I really like the sound my 392 has, so for now I'm leaving it stock. If I do something with the system I'll probably end up with the Mini Race mufflers as well.

Here is a video of what they sound like before and after in a 2017 R/T:

Same guy and car with some drive by's:

You'll probably want to start around the 3 minute 10 second mark on the second video.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have a set of Flowmaster Delta 50's on my car. They sound great. Not too loud, not too obnoxious. Later I removed the resonator suitcases at the back, and it still sounds great. Just louder when punching it. Regular cruising around, it's not cop-attracting.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Will the mini bullets just slip over existing exhaust and the weld them. I know its 3 inch muffler to 2.75 exhaust. Does the 1/4 inch difference make too big of a gap. I bought the charger with the muffler deleted and I want to put something back on. Don't like it too much when mds kicks in. Thank You

·
Registered
329 Posts
My recommendation would be to attend a local cars and coffee, car meet or something like that and find out what someone has done and listen to their exhaust. The problem with videos is that the recording device levels the sound so you can't tell how loud something is a loose just a little of the true sound because of this. You can get a good idea of the tone but the tone with the sound makes a difference. Also, "it sounds good" and" it's not too loud" are pretty subjective.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Had the Mini Bullets installed and I can say I am very happy with them. Loud on Cold start and full throttle Cruising highway speed is a lot quieter and drone when in MDS has been greatly reduced. They have a lower sounding growl compared to no mufflers at all which is the way I bought it. That is what I am going off of. I have never heard a charger with a stock muffler on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts