Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My muffler is rattling and it's worse when my AC is on. My husband went out and checked it today and he told me that there is something inside of my muffler rattling around. Could something have fallen off inside the muffler that was once attached or do you think it's more likely to be a rock, stick, etc.? Mind you, he knows nothing about cars so if you have any other ideas about what it could be please feel free to include them. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
My muffler is rattling and it's worse when my AC is on. My husband went out and checked it today and he told me that there is something inside of my muffler rattling around. Could something have fallen off inside the muffler that was once attached or do you think it's more likely to be a rock, stick, etc.? Mind you, he knows nothing about cars so if you have any other ideas about what it could be please feel free to include them. Thanks!
welcome to the forum :D
i'm no mechanic but, possibly a broken cat. converter? (correct me if im wrong anyone)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Welcome. As said above.....see if it is coming from the cat as opposed to the muffler. Also, check all the exhaust hangers etc. as it could just be that something is rattling against the underbody of the car. If you or he can't check this easily hopefully you have a shop that can take a quick look wihtout trying to sell you a whole new exhaust system!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts