Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put the mopar mudflaps on their car?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Waht color is you car? I'm thinking flat would be fine on almost anything althoguh my car is black and if I go with a spoiler might just paint it all.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I picked up some flaps today. I have silver steel SXT and plan on leaving them flat. I am going to install them this weekend. I couldn't stand the road grim I kept getting on the back. :neutral:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Any pics of them?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I ordered them from Avon and will put them on this weekend. I had them painted GoManGo.

·
Registered
40 Posts
are the flaps hard to instal? I've had mine in my trunk for a couple of weeks, but haven't had the time to put them on

·
Premium Member
703 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Hemi Ready, I have them on my RT. Looks great with the SRT 8 hoood, chin spoiler and rear spoiler. I have cell phone pics that suck big time but can upload if you want.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
dana, you have to post some pics of the new hood bud...i can't sleep tonight!!!!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
PaCharger said:
dana, you have to post some pics of the new hood bud...i can't sleep tonight!!!!
lol.... Pa, did you see the thread with Aj's car and the braded lines?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
PaCharger said:
They really suck, it was getting dark and cloudy out when I snapped them with the cell phone. I'll go ahead and upload but the quality really sucks. You can't see the rain guards or painted mud flaps. Hell, can't hardly see the car.

I will take more this weekend with a real camera and get some sound clips of the Mopar CAI and Mopar Exhust.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just ordered my mopar splash guards from the local dealer. Going to pick them up on Wed. when I take the Daytona in for the first service visit. I will post picks so you can see how it looks on the Daytona.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I just installed my splash guards the other day. Took me about an hour to do all four. I had them painted to match the car inferno red. They turned out awesome. I think they really give the car an attitude over not having them. I also installed my OEM spoiler as well which got painted inferno red too. The weather has been pretty crappy lately with all the rain. I'm waiting for a good day so I can clean the car up and take a pic for you all to look at. Oh yeah, installing the splash guards and rear spoiler was a breeze. I used the paper cut out templates for the rear spoiler but found out they were a little off. After putting the templates down with tape, I placed the spoiler on top. Had to mark the new holes with a pencil which was only off by 1/4 inch. After eye balling it and confirming this is where I wanted to drill holes, I went to town. I found some washers first and taped them down over the holes, to keep the drill from walking. Drilling was as easy as pie. About 10 seconds a hole. Vaccuumed the loose shavings and blew the stubborn shavings off with the vaccuum blower........lol. Plopped in the spoiler and tightened her down. She looks good now............real good.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've had my splash guards on for about a month now, as a mod they go on easy except for the one hole you have to drill for both front flaps, I had to break out the jack and raise the corner of the car up which is a hassle. For the rear flaps, I could get the drill in the proper position.
They look cool but I would say they are only marginally functional. Anything bigger would look bad on the car though.

·
Registered
303 Posts
i just finished installing mine.... :( :(

i installed the back two and im ticked off. first i couldnt get them to line up perfect (im a perfectionist) and there were gaps on the top... also my first reaction after standing back and looking at them was "ewwww".

so i stopped there and ill save the front ones for later. maybe i need to get used to them. i might end up painting them to match body color.

ill post pictures later when i wash the car.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I also just finished installing ny splashguards. Not too difficult, worst part getting the plastic rivets off.

I at first experienced the same gap problem, but all you have to do is loosen the screws, hold it where you want it, and tighten. I drilled the top hole in the front guards but not the bottom one. Couldn't get the drill under there. In my opinion the front guards are strong enough without the bottom screw.

They actually look good on the daytona. Matches the flat black of the decals and spoilers perfectly. Now, well see how they work. I will get pics up soon.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Painted mud flaps is the next purchase after I have 3M clear bra installed on the rocker panels and doors next Monday.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts