Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how they work. I used them on my light tan leather seat in my charger to remove jean and black belt stains and they work! I couldn't believe my eyes. They feel like simple bricks of foam, but somehow they work. I've tried using Mopar Total Clean, Leather Cleaner, and other assorted cleaners and nothing worked like the Magic Erasures.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I don't know how they work. I used them on my light tan leather seat in my charger to remove jean and black belt stains and they work! I couldn't believe my eyes. They feel like simple bricks of foam, but somehow they work. I've tried using Mopar Total Clean, Leather Cleaner, and other assorted cleaners and nothing worked like the Magic Erasures.

Do they work on the dash, kick panels, door panels, etc. too?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do they work on the dash, kick panels, door panels, etc. too?
They should. You simply wet them, ring out excess water, and wipe the soiled spot.

I did a little research. They are made of basic melamine foam. No cleansing agents. The melamine foam has a micro structure that acts like a micro scrubber, but they are very gentle. I guess melamine foam has been around for years. It's been used as insulation in the past.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I wouldn't use it exclusively, but occasional use for cleaning is fine. Just be sure to follow it up with some protectant.

Info on the material these are made of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melamine_foam

Edit: Aaaaand Charger06RT beat me to it.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Also of note is that they actually have a variety specifically for use on your wheels (ran across them in Wal-Mart the other day). I have no idea what the difference is offhand.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
COOL! I have a stubborn mark on the edge of one of my seats that I have never been able to get out and I will definitely try this. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I am convinced a Magic Eraser will clean anything.... with 4 kids i've used it for all sorts of stuff!
it's totally awesome on walls!

only thing it has failed me on was gel ink on the ceiling... nothing removed that! even kilz paint wouldn't cover it.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
cool tip!!! i'll make sure to tested very soon....

·
Registered
406 Posts
I am convinced a Magic Eraser will clean anything.... with 4 kids i've used it for all sorts of stuff!
it's totally awesome on walls!

only thing it has failed me on was gel ink on the ceiling... nothing removed that! even kilz paint wouldn't cover it.

...now im sure THATS an interesting story!:lol:

·
Registered
536 Posts
...now im sure THATS an interesting story!:lol:
One day I hope to discover how it really happened .... all i know is 14 year old (now 16) son was on couch with pen and ink was suddenly everywhere, and of course I was at work and no one knew what to do and they didn't consider it an emergency enough to call me (though needing $$ for a trip to 7-11 friends constitues a call to me at work).

now to top that off my daughter at 8 (now 12) broke a bottle of nail polish in her room on the carpet and decided to cover it with a blanket and not tell anyone .... no hope for the magic eraser against that, but nail polish remover worked wonders.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I use them all the time on the whitewalls for my motorcycle. they are awesome

1 - 14 of 14 Posts