1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
83 Posts
That dash kit replaces everything under that color change line except the far-most right hand part... The little strip just to the right of the glove box. That's actually part of the entire upper dash pad, so unless you wanna pay the $600 or so to get a whole new dash pad, you'll have to try your hand at dyeing it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm thats unfortunate. anybody done this, bought the kit and left the piece tan. what dyes have people used to achieve the best color match

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I think I'm gonna do this at the end of october. I'lllet ya know. If the bonus is big enough I'm doing engine work. If it isnt, I am doing interior and waiting till first of year for the engine

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
which is the part you painted i cant tell. is it the right part that would face the door, and would only be visible when the door is opened?

thankety. whats the kit run in total.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
What piece did you paint, I can't even tell
Thats the point. :D

Its the soft dash pad piece, next to the glove box; on the right hand side. The piece by the door panel.

I SEM'd everything. But I do plan to atleast get the MPSC kick panel/lower pillar/sill panel trim; its not quite holding up to daily use. The door panels and dash pieces are still good, though.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
hey Slow did ya do a write up, and if not maybe you could? I need to get crackin on what I CAN get done soon, now that the weather has cooled down some.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
hey Slow did ya do a write up, and if not maybe you could? I need to get crackin on what I CAN get done soon, now that the weather has cooled down some.
No write up; but Ive explained it about a dozen times in PM's. :)

Check 1 Badass R/T's thread in the interior section; hes the one that I helped the most. The biggest thing is prep prep prep.

A local paint/body supply store should have SEM. They have a HUGE book with a million swatches; and each has a hole in the middle; so matching colors is absolutle brainless. I also reccomend the 'low luster clear'. It helps protect the paint without adding shine. Total cost of the parts; well I dont remeber but Badass R/T should as hes done it recently.

The drives side of my car has help up much better than the pass side (thanks wifey) and the rear...well with 2 kids and car seats; has seen better days. Thats why I plan to order the MPSC kit for the lower pieces soon.

Regfular rubbing alcohol is best (from what I was told) as other harsher chemicals will stay inside the material; and relesase over time and cause bubbling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.