286.2 miles 12.38 gallons 23.26 mpg 78 mph some ac/all pedal
W. of Birmingham, AL
285.2 miles 12.60 gallons 22.60 mpg 78 mph cruise/ac
E. Louisiana (Monroe area)
249.1 miles 10.70 gallons 23.28 mpg 75-78 mph some ac/pedal
W. of Tyler, TX
273.1 miles 11.09 gallons 24.62 mpg 78 mph ac/pedal
W. of Abeliene, TX
15.31 gallons (forgot to reset tripometer...lol)
80 miles E. of El Paso, TX
318.8 miles 14.62 gallons 21.80 mpg 80-90 mph ac/some foot through
the floorboard... :whistle:
80 miles East of Tucson, AZ.

Trip went hitch-free...very comfortable long drive. Mileage was what I expected.....hot - from 86 to 104 degrees. Will post return trip in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
HIGH_HEMI said:
Just wanted to follow up on a previous post. I traveled from NE
Georgia to Tucson, AZ last week. Here is how it went:

286.2 miles 12.38 gallons 23.26 mpg 78 mph some ac/all pedal
W. of Birmingham, AL
285.2 miles 12.60 gallons 22.60 mpg 78 mph cruise/ac
E. Louisiana (Monroe area)
249.1 miles 10.70 gallons 23.28 mpg 75-78 mph some ac/pedal
W. of Tyler, TX
273.1 miles 11.09 gallons 24.62 mpg 78 mph ac/pedal
W. of Abeliene, TX
15.31 gallons (forgot to reset tripometer...lol)
80 miles E. of El Paso, TX
318.8 miles 14.62 gallons 21.80 mpg 80-90 mph ac/some foot through
the floorboard... :whistle:
80 miles East of Tucson, AZ.

Trip went hitch-free...very comfortable long drive. Mileage was what I expected.....hot - from 86 to 104 degrees. Will post return trip in 2 weeks.
I am working about half way between Tuscan and Phoenix (Eloy)... temp today there was 114 or so... so if 104 is hot to you... dont go north... as under 110... it is hot but it is a dry heat... after 110... ITS JUST FRIGGEN HOT... LOL

Milages seems pretty good, hopefully it will get better as the car is broken in... (and you stop nailing the gas to play with the hemi.. :) )

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The high degrees really didn't feel that hot....as having just left 86 degrees and 100% humidity was more murder on me than the dry heat. Am selling house to move back out west just for the humidity reason... :clap: I really posted the temps because I believe it plays a lot in performance/mileage. Cooler/colder weather should get better mileage. Oh yeah, now when going down long straight shots of highway in West Texas....you just have to make the HEMI talk once in a while to remind yourself that you are alive!! :rockon:

·
Registered
127 Posts
that gas mileage sounds ok to me

i traded in my RT Dakota for my Charger, which only got(at best) 11.5 mpg.

but i was pretty rough on it on a constsant basis
so anything is better than that for me

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to trade in my 2004 HEMI Ram for my Charger but decided to keep it. Gets 18 on the expressway so can't complain. Even high mileage on back roads going 55 or so. Will probably sell it next year and get another Charger....just love the car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
High Hemi you are in my area, I'm near Mall of GA. And I agree about the humidity being a bother. In fact if I didn't have a lot of family in the area I'd have moved to a dryer climate already. Still I'm here and just going mental waiting till I get my own charger.

Also glad to hear about the good milage. In two different reviews lowest numbers I saw were 29MPG and 29.7MPG and one was stop and go and the other was hard driving on hilly mountain roads.

·
Registered
331 Posts
HIGH_HEMI said:
.... hot - from 86 to 104 degrees.
How well did the car's A/C do when it was 100+ outside?

·
Registered
662 Posts
That's exactly the kind of mileage I've been getting so far :D

Also, it was 106 in Vegas today but very low humidity. The A/C is working fine. I've never had to put it on "high". I only have the temp one click left of center and use "low auto" without any problems.

:cool:

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
plugray said:
High Hemi you are in my area, I'm near Mall of GA. And I agree about the humidity being a bother. In fact if I didn't have a lot of family in the area I'd have moved to a dryer climate already. Still I'm here and just going mental waiting till I get my own charger.

Also glad to hear about the good milage. In two different reviews lowest numbers I saw were 29MPG and 29.7MPG and one was stop and go and the other was hard driving on hilly mountain roads.
You mean 19 and 19.7, right? 29 is higher than Dodge's figure on the sticker...

·
Registered
352 Posts
well that beats the hell out of my durango with 4.7 motor thats why i drive my srt-4 most of the time.need to take it on a trip tho.im waiting till the 07 come out then get a srt-8 because were only getting a few and they want me to wait so i can get it for 100 over invoice.we put in for 16 srt-8 and dodge says only 8 they will give us.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My a/c worked just fine. I don't have dual zone or anything like that...just regular air conditioning. I ran with the fan set on the first setting above the off position during my trip. While the Charger sits in the lot all day and builds up heat I put on high recirc for about 5 to 10 minutes then cut it back down to my normal setting. I have 20% tint which helps alot in the Arizona (Tucson) heat. My Charger is 100% stock with no options. (Already comes with everything I wanted) :wink:

·
Registered
177 Posts
epoch said:
You mean 19 and 19.7, right? 29 is higher than Dodge's figure on the sticker...
Yeah 19MPG (doh). Though it would have been great if was getting near 30. Still for all the power around 20 is pretty good.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Black Charger R/T all options except the road and track perfomance package. I was able to get mine before the release date of June 1 bought it on memorial day. Following weekend we traveled from Hampton Roads Va to Pensacola Fla got an average of 24 mpg I was really impressed this was even after getting into the hemi when there was a chance. Don't get me wrong I LOVE our new car but now I wished I would have waited for the other packages to come out would have loved to had the road and track performance package. I guess I should have become a member before buying alot of great info here. Maybe a trade up in a couple of years.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
GotACharger said:
Black Charger R/T all options except the road and track perfomance package. I was able to get mine before the release date of June 1 bought it on memorial day. Following weekend we traveled from Hampton Roads Va to Pensacola Fla got an average of 24 mpg I was really impressed this was even after getting into the hemi when there was a chance. Don't get me wrong I LOVE our new car but now I wished I would have waited for the other packages to come out would have loved to had the road and track performance package. I guess I should have become a member before buying alot of great info here. Maybe a trade up in a couple of years.
DUDE! :wave: Where in Hampton Roads are you? I'm in Hampton, up by Langly AFB. I've been looking for fellow Charger drivers in the area. I've seen others on this forum talking about starting/joing clubs, doing shows, etc. but they're all too far off. I'd love to join or get something started like that here. Do you know of any other local fellow Charger guys/gals?

As for MPG, my SXT got just under 19 MPG on the first tank of gas. The second tank yielded just over 21 MPG. My type of driving is a combination of highway commute (65++ :D), stop-and-go driving around town, and stop-and-go bumper-to-bumper traffic on the freeway during rush hour. All in all, not too bad. I'm about to fill up again, so I'll see what I got on my third tank (I'm already up to 900+ miles on the odo and I drove it off the lot with 5 miles on the odo). I'm hitting the road for the 4th of July weekend, and I am looking forward to seeing what I get for highway milage.

Anyway, I'm lovin' the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks outta my new baby. The only problem is that my wife wants to drive it all the time. :mad: I guess I'll have to trade in her Mountaineer and get her her own Charger. :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have had my SXT since Memorial Day weekend but commute from the Space Coast into Orlando for work so I have logged a lot of miles (2500) since acquiring my sweet ride. Best mileage so far has been 25.5 MPG with 80% highway miles. Probably could hit the 27 MPG listed on the sticker if I stayed within posted speed limits :whistle:

·
Registered
245 Posts
In Va Bch. Dont know of any people in the area as of yet. We will have to keep looking on here and other forums and get some people together.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ChargerSXT said:
DUDE! :wave: Where in Hampton Roads are you? I'm in Hampton, up by Langly AFB. I've been looking for fellow Charger drivers in the area.
Hey.. I just bought my charger r/t on Friday :) I live in Carrollton (across James River Bridge) from you.

dale

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just returned from a weekend trip to Orlando FL From Augusta GA I averaged 20 MPG. Of Course every once and a while I had to open My R/T up and let her breathe. :happy:

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
dale said:
Hey.. I just bought my charger r/t on Friday :) I live in Carrollton (across James River Bridge) from you.

dale

Congrats on your new baby! :D

I used to live down your way. I was in Suffolk, about a mile and a half off of I-664 on Nansmond River Road. We should try to get some of our Hampton Roads Charger brethern together sometime. I know that there is a car show in Gloucester every year that anyone and get their cars into. I believe that it is over Memorial Day weekend. There may also be one later in the fall, but I'm not sure. Do you know of any others?

Craig

1 - 20 of 33 Posts