Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just filled up the tank for the first time to check mileage. I'm getting 21.3 mpg and that's a fairly even mix of in-town and 60 mph backroads. Not too shabby I think. I also just got back from the dealer and had the grahics put on he had made prior to my purchasing the Charger. Take a look and let me know what you think. They are 'old school' copied from pictures the dealer had of late sixties/early 70's chargers. Personally I like the HEMI but am wondering if I am going to take the black vertical stripes off. Makes the front end look longer but just not sure if I like them. Anyway, let me know your thoughts. (And I hope I loaded these ok)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I decided I didn't like the vertical black stripes on the front sides so I took them off. I left the HEMI stripes on though. Black ones made me think of electrical tape.

·
Registered
630 Posts
HIGH_HEMI said:
Well, I decided I didn't like the vertical black stripes on the front sides so I took them off. I left the HEMI stripes on though. Black ones made me think of electrical tape.
Even before I read that you removed the front vertical stripe I was going to say I didn't like them. The reason being is that it did not flow well with the lines of the wheel well nor the door crease. Just went straight up and down and really seemed out of place. I do like the HEMI stripe along the read fender though.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
CO-Charger said:
Even before I read that you removed the front vertical stripe I was going to say I didn't like them. The reason being is that it did not flow well with the lines of the wheel well nor the door crease. Just went straight up and down and really seemed out of place. I do like the HEMI stripe along the read fender though.
ditto

·
Registered
303 Posts
I agree three. Personally, I am a clean paint job guy. No bumper stickers or anything, but if I had to choose keep the hemi on the back. U made the right decision.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info ya'll. I have also removed the stripes running up to the words HEMI on the rear quarters. (Actually I'm more of a clean paint man myself) After looking for a day I noticed I didn't get the full effect of the cut lines on the rears with the front to rear fading stripe. So now it just has HEMI on both quarters. (If this keeps up it will be back to clean lines before the day is out! :) )
I am leaving in a few for Tucson, AZ, and will post mileage results when I get there. Thanks again for the input/thoughts.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I was thinking at this rate... more like by days end you will have all the decal's off, and de-badged the car as well... 8)

·
Registered
127 Posts
i was wondering the same thing TURBOAWD

my opinion is that i didnt really like either option, but its not my opinion that matters :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts