Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I swore I would never become my dad who couldn't set the clock on his car after they went digital years ago but here I am. They bought me an Ipod Nano for my birthday last night. I understand what to do with this thing in terms of getting music on it. I'm noit sure I need 500 songs with me but you never know.
The Charger has an MP3 player. Actaully, what the heck is the slot that looks like a cassette deck?
How does the Ipod interface (I used a big boy word) with the car stereo? I'm guessing I'll be buying some more accesories.
Thanks. I have become my dad. I have to eat dinner at 4:00 p.m. and fall asleep after half a beer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If I undersatnd your question... The MP3 player is a function of the CD player. You can burn MP3 songs onto a CD and then play them via the CD player. All it really means is that the CD player has the functionality to read MP3 songs on a CD.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha. So does the Ipod connect somehow to the car stereo if I wanted to play songs through it and into the stereo?

·
Registered
202 Posts
i know some cars have this capability as an accesory option. i know for a fact you can get it in every new benz and bmw. i do not believe it is an option for the charger. yet.

·
Registered
370 Posts
you'll prob. have to hook up FM modulation to get the IPOD to play....

there are alot of IPOD FM Modulators at Best Buy... I'd suggest either belkin or Apples..

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds good. Like I said I don't know if I need this thing with me but its nice to know how to use ut.

·
Registered
369 Posts
what is the AUX jack for on the standard cd players?

·
Registered
202 Posts
i do believe that with that AUX jack, you can hook up your ipod. my friend has some aftermarket head unit in his car with an aux jack and thats what he did.

does the nav unit not have that?

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Hemiready said:
sounds good. Like I said I don't know if I need this thing with me but its nice to know how to use ut.

Need help with your VCR now? :wink:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh you son opf a b :happy: I knew that was coming.
Alright. The freaking time has been blinking since 1985. And by the way, I believe it is called a Betamax and not a VCR.

I have an 8Track stuck in the player on my Pacer as well. Are you good with these?

Truth is that after our kids were born I ran out of steam in keeping up with technology - and I'm not even sure I need all that I have!

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
hmmm....I'm guessing that your posting from a TRS-80.

·
Registered
370 Posts
yes if your radio has AUX jack you can use that :)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The sad thing is I don't know what a TRS-80 is.I'm guessing its as antiquated as the other stuff :happy:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And Potise, thanks for your replies and congrats on the status of your Daytona

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok got it. trash 80. just looked at your profile. you're in the 21st century. I'm ok with some tech stuff but can get frustrated easily.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Hemiready said:
Gotcha. So does the Ipod connect somehow to the car stereo if I wanted to play songs through it and into the stereo?
Some more info on this can be found:

here

And

here

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I believe the difference between an "audio CD" and an "MP3 CD" is that audio CD is limited to about 10 - 15 songs, whereas, you can fit 700MB of MP3 files as "data files" on a CD.

A lot more songs per CD if they are copied as data instead of audio.

If the car stereo has aux/stereo inputs, then you can just go to Radio Shack and buy a 1/8" stereo mini-jack to L/R RCA and plug it into the car stereo.

But, if you can put 6 MP3 CDs in the dash (at 700MB of data each) that is about 600 songs to choose from. Don't really need the iPod with that much storage.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Mopar is making an Ipod adapter for release in the first quarter of '06 (anyone have some info on this?). Until then I'd be looking here, it can controll the ipod using the steering wheel controlls to go through playlists and tracks while displaying the song info. it works on all radios for the lx's. and it can also be programed into the AUX unit to kill the "nag" screen on your NAV system.

My ipod currently has 1500 songs on it and I listen to podcasts a lot so I can't wait for this to arrive.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
beezn said:
Mopar is making an Ipod adapter for release in the first quarter of '06
Thanks for the info. May look into this, but for now, I'll settle for the 6 CDs of MP3 files. (~4.2GB) I don't even have that many digital songs!

·
Registered
369 Posts
hanks for the info. May look into this, but for now, I'll settle for the 6 CDs of MP3 files. (~4.2GB) I don't even have that many digital songs!
LOL ME TOO!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts