Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for a thread on this but did not see one. So if i am double posting just let me know, and i apologize.

I plugged my MP3 player (not an ipod) into the AUX port and the quality of sound that i got was horrible. I had to turn the volume up almost all the way to hear it, and it sounded like there was static? Just the overall quality was bad. Is this my mp3 player? the stereo wire that i use to plug into the AUX, or what? Can anyone help me out with how i can make it sound better?

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The headphone out jack does not give the best sound. It relies on the amplifier that is associated with the volume control. Whenever I use that, it seems that I have to crank the MP3 player and get a bunch of distortion unless I am plugging it into a unit that has a lot of power. I can then lower the volume on the MP3 player and raise the volume on the head unit. Any noise that is introduced into the head unit by turning the MP3 player up will be magnified.

A better solution is if your MP3 player has a line out on it. Fortunately my IPOD does. The sound is much cleaner.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have a Creative Labs Zen Vision:M (30 GB) MP3 player (only cost about $170 back in May) and just have a $4.97 6 ft stereo jack wire going from the headphone out on the player to the AUX jack on the car stereo and the sound is very, very good (as good as a CD, if not better). I do have the volume almost all the way on the player but make sure not to have any bass boost or crazy equalizer effects on, then I just use the car's stereo volume buttons and cruise to the 276-watt tunage! I guess just make sure the output from your mp3 player is "plain jane" and see if there are any imperfections in your stereo wire. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have a Creative Labs Zen Vision:M (30 GB) MP3 player (only cost about $170 back in May) and just have a $4.97 6 ft stereo jack wire going from the headphone out on the player to the AUX jack on the car stereo and the sound is very, very good (as good as a CD, if not better). I do have the volume almost all the way on the player but make sure not to have any bass boost or crazy equalizer effects on, then I just use the car's stereo volume buttons and cruise to the 276-watt tunage! I guess just make sure the output from your mp3 player is "plain jane" and see if there are any imperfections in your stereo wire. Hope this helps!
x2, I use a monster mini to mini cable to connect my MP3 player to my head unit & it sounds great

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have a Philips GoGear 4G audio/video player and a 6ft chord from Radio Shack and I don't have any problems. I turn the volume all the way up on my player and then use the head unit dial to adjust the volume.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help everyone, I guess I will try and get a new cable. If that does not work then i may get a used ipod with a line out and hopefully that will help me.

Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts