Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded my charger sxt to the charger srt8 (red) is it a good idea to change the camshaft, my questions is why havent I heard of any one in this forum that has put the camshaft to there car, do u recomend me to put it?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I just traded my charger sxt to the charger srt8 (red) is it a good idea to change the camshaft, my questions is why havent I heard of any one in this forum that has put the camshaft to there car, do u recomend me to put it?
Wow, that is quite an upgrade!!! Below is a thread and link about upgrading the SRT8. I think that heads are a bigger bang for the buck than a Cam, but might as well do both at the same time. The guy below is running 433HP at the wheels, with a small investment in heads. Holy $hit, Batman.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31862&highlight=ported

Just thought I would include some results for general information....obviously, it can be interpreted many different ways, all I know is that I am very happy with is, the mods made a huge difference. Also, I am well positioned for future mods like a cam and/or supercharger/turbo, in that I will be in the best position to get the most gain from them....Okay, here is the deal:

Just added PPP heads and intake, as well as B&G Stage 2 flash, and the Mopar CAI.....The before and after dyno pulls were both done on the same dyno, made by Dyno Dynamics. I don't know the accuracy of the dyno, as it seems there is always a comment about "this kind of dyno gives overinflated number or this one underinflated numbers"....i don't know, I just know that the before and after was on the same machine and the conditions were almost identical even thought they were 19 days apart...

Altitude: Sea level (Florida)
Temperature: 74 degrees (before mods) 76 (after mods)
Engine temp: 180 degrees, both pulls
Gear: both pulls were done in 3rd gear

Before Mods

370.6 max HP @ 5900 RPM
347 max ft. lbs. torque @ 5000 RPM
Air/Fuel ratio: 10.75

After Mods

433.3 max HP @ 5800 RPM
438 max ft.lbs. torque @ 5000 RPM
Air/Fuel ratio: 12.75

The above comparison tells me that I had a gain of 14.5% in h.p. and a gain of 20.8% in torque with a slight differential in R.P.M's. I am happy with it! :grin:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts