Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 29 year old girlfriend is seriously thinking about transferring to Charlotte and we don't know where to move to. Anyone have any suggestions that puts us in a decent/safe area that's close to the uptown area? Thanks for all the help.
Sasquatch

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
for what its worth - i lived in north carolina for 4 years. and i loved it. i was at fort bragg though. i loved ashville, greensboro and raliegh. i didnt spend much time in charlotte though. sorry i can really recommend an area there.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was stationed in Jacksonville at Camp LeJeune... Jacksonville is kind of an armpit of a little place lol, but she came up and we went to Raleigh and it was a cool town, way better than Jacksonville. Neither of us have spent time in Charlotte.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
^^^ yea fayettville was an arm pit too, i think that most millitary towns probably are. i only went to charlotte a couple times and was not all that impressed, but i really didnt spend enough time to give a fair impression. i am sure there are some great areas though. good luck!

·
Registered
309 Posts
If your girlfriend is working in uptown, you might try the Pineville/Matthews Rd and Providence Rd area. I lived in the Arboretum Apartments there for a while. It's a good area, lots of different ways to get to uptown from here to avoid as much traffic as possible. Also the Rea Rd area has some nice apartments too. My sister-in-law lived here for several years. It's an upscale area with decent restaurants and shopping.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. From what it looks like she'll be moving up about 6 or 7 months before me, so I don't want to put her in a bad part of town. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts