Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Charger rt police cruiser
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son bought a old 2006 dodge charger rt old police cruiser. I’ve been working on it for three weeks, replaced fuel pump, water pump and did a tune up and replaced all hoses that were bad. Everything is Looking good, but went to start it and still won’t start. It reads no gas and there is a new buzzing noise under dash. He does not have original key just a transponder key. The lights that show up are the bolt and security, would that be what it is keeping it from starting. I’m at a loss and need help Ive killed myself getting this car in drivable condition for my son and it still won’t start. Please anything helps on where I should start next.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
He does not have original key just a transponder key. The lights that show up are the bolt and security, would that be what it is keeping it from starting.
Hi, I'm not sure I understand. Did the car ever start since you've owned it?

If so, do you still have whatever key used to start the car in the past?

If not, what does the key you are using now look like?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I'm not sure I understand. Did the car ever start since you've owned it?

If so, do you still have whatever key used to start the car in the past?

If not, what does the key you are using now look like?
Yes it did start, he said he hit something in the driveway at his job and went in and cane back out and battery had died. He got it started and got it to me in which it never started again. So I replaced the fuel pump and water pump because it had no fuel and the water pump was leaking. Now I’m trying to figure out what I did wrong it has a engine light and it’s reading no gas. He has a gray looks like transponder key engine will crank but won’t turn over and now there is a humming noise under the steering column it looks to me that whoever he bought this from has done a lot of rewire I’m not sure what I’m doing with the electrical part I’m looking everywhere for some kind of step to take next. He has my car and I need mine back and his out of my yard. Thank you for your response

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just took the dash off and found something called the stinger and two more black boxes one has a button and the other not with fuses all over the place the clear stinger box is flashing a red light idk if that’s normal but one of those boxes is what’s buzzing. would this have part of my issue but it’s still reading no gas i installed pump exact like the other was.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
What you've got there is an aftermarket security system with a Directed Electronics Stinger shock sensor.

It sounds like your son may have tripped the shock sensor, which shut down the fuel pump.

You need to read up on it and figure out how to either reset it, disable it, or remove it.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
You're welcome! Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, got it started and found out the fuel pump I got wasn’t a genuine pump and wasn’t working. I’ll have another one tomorrow and go from there. I really hope that is it but I got it started by spraying starting fluid in the intake and started right up. I’ll keep you informed cause I may need more advice and thank you so much for your help.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,951 Posts
Some New fuel pumps come with a harness connector and instructions on adapting it. If you just plug them in they will not pump. Not sure about your year model having this. Was there a wired plug in the package?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It had everything already together and ready but it was a cheap one from amazon, I’m thinking maybe it wasn’t right I’m hoping the new one gets it going, if not I’m at a loss again. the car only starts if I spray starting fluid in it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
If you replace the pump and it still doesn’t start I would serious disconnect that alarm system as it might be cutting out the power to the pump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I’m back, the car starts now and is running but now it’s stuck in park and cannot move, idk what’s going on now if anyone has suggestions it would be appreciated about fed up with this car right no. thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts