Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my ST Suspension Sporttech springs and KONI Street shocks installed a few days ago. The springs advertised a drop of 1.4" front and 1.4" rear. The drop ended up being at least 2" immediately, and that's without any kind of settling in period.

Either the spring advertisements are BS or the shocks are responsible for the extra drop. KONI said the STRT shocks are OEM replacement and they "compliment lowering springs". Maybe they should say "they'll drop the sh!t out of your car so you can't pass over a speed bump with anything more than a loaf of bread in the back seat without scraping".

What should I do to bring it up a half inch? I still have my stock shocks and springs.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
If you sell the KONIs let me know, I know on my 2" drop....I have the same issue. But I just go over at a angle and im fine. Drive the car for a week with the thought of the fact the car is lowered and you will learn how to attack certain things.

Just note, dont get stuck on the gas fillers on the ground at gas stations. I hear its a ***** to get off them ;)

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I'm wondering if I should try Mopar Stage 1 lowering springs instead. They're supposed to be a 1" drop.
That would make your car sit at the same height as a stock SRT8.

Oh, and shocks can't make your car sit lower unless they're the wrong ones for the car ... the springs set the ride height.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
all I can say if you are gonna keep your car at that height is, ANGLES ARE YOUR FRIEND! Go slow and at and angle over anything sort of bump, hump, or dip you have to. I always do my absolute best to avoid them and they like to scrape my bumper.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
That would make your car sit at the same height as a stock SRT8.

Really is that a fact cause thats about all I want to do to The BlueKnight. No more then a 1in' drop cause I dont want to worry about going in and out of driveways and over speedbumps or gas station fillers.That would be emberrasing.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Oh any idea how much the Mopar stage 1 springs cost????????

·
Registered
815 Posts
Just note, dont get stuck on the gas fillers on the ground at gas stations. I hear its a ***** to get off them ;)
:rofl::rofl:

Ughh the first time I rolled through the gas station with my car dropped, I thought I would straddled them, yeah not so much.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
:rofl::rofl:

Ughh the first time I rolled through the gas station with my car dropped, I thought I would straddled them, yeah not so much.
Its just a EPIC fail lol

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can anyone with mopar springs confirm if it's truly a 1" drop, or will it be more also? Why can't they just give an accurate number?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Can anyone with mopar springs confirm if it's truly a 1" drop, or will it be more also? Why can't they just give an accurate number?
Settles to between 1.25" and 1.5" (closer to 1.25), about .5 inches lower than stock SRT height.

Oh any idea how much the Mopar stage 1 springs cost?
Around $230, last I checked.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
your car isnt THAT low. post up a pic and ill compare it to mine. i have koni's and ksport springs, which go 1.75 all around on the box, but its a good 2 inches. my front tire is BARELY tucked, and have an inch or so clearance in the rear. but youre right, with someone in the back i scrape my muffler on speed bumps...angled approach or not.

if your rear is lower than mine....might be fun to trade rear springs so youre higher and im lower (which i want)

·
Registered
968 Posts
Post pics!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is the only side view photo I have... I like the look of it, but there's too many oversized speed bumps, sloped driveways, and dips in the road here in BC.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
hmm hard to compare our rides since youre running a wheel set up whose diameter is smaller than my set up

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I just scraped harddddd leaving a bbq place with a decently sized slope to enter/exit the parking lot......rear wheels went up in the wheel wells and were caught for a second..............I loved every second of it :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just scraped harddddd leaving a bbq place with a decently sized slope to enter/exit the parking lot......rear wheels went up in the wheel wells and were caught for a second..............I loved every second of it :)
How much damage are we doing each time something like that happens? It looks like the lowest part of my car is the exhaust bend after the cats. Is it fragile, or can it take a beating?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
How much damage are we doing each time something like that happens? It looks like the lowest part of my car is the exhaust bend after the cats. Is it fragile, or can it take a beating?
well hopefully youre not slamming into driveways or other obstacles lol...thats when id worry about bending and damaging

1 - 20 of 24 Posts