Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a great time at this Show & Go event this weekend. We (Modern Mopar Muscle of Tulsa) were asked by the organizers to come to the track Friday night for a live TV promo for the Saturday event. Our cars were used as a backdrop for the broadcast. They let us make a run down the track afterward. Cool. On Saturday we represented the new era cars.

·
Registered
157 Posts
That was alot of fun! Nice pics to, I look really fast! Let me tell you though, that was the closest I was all night to that SRT8. I think he was cheating.

I couldn't burn that kind of rubber on the way home cause of the extra weight from all my trophies!!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Where's the real race photo?

Here it tis...

·
Registered
856 Posts
Was that Benard he was racing? What were some of the ETs and MPHs ran that day? Curious minds want to know. lol

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was that Benard he was racing? What were some of the ETs and MPHs ran that day? Curious minds want to know. lol
Yup...that was Bernard. He ran open pipes with his chip and I ran closed stock. We each just made one pass. From memory we all had geriatric response times! The SRT's ran mid-13's @ about 103mph and the Daytona's ran mid-14's @ ???. Maybe plumcrazy574 can fill that in. See ya Saturday at Battle Creek!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hey Chris. I couldn't see your photos at work. So you raced, too. Cool. What are the details, meeting time, event, time, etc for Battle Creek? Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Details...details...OK the Battle Creek thing is basically an end of the year blowout cruise in. There will be music and food. It won't be judged. They will only have sponsor favorites awards. It is from 10:30 to 4:00. The problem for you is that they require you to have attended at least one of their Tuesday night cruises to qualify to put your car in it. I will contact them to see if you just don't qualify for prizes or you just plain can't put your car in it. You never sent me your email address for pics of the drive.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Details...details...OK the Battle Creek thing is basically an end of the year blowout cruise in. There will be music and food. It won't be judged. They will only have sponsor favorites awards. It is from 10:30 to 4:00. The problem for you is that they require you to have attended at least one of their Tuesday night cruises to qualify to put your car in it. I will contact them to see if you just don't qualify for prizes or you just plain can't put your car in it. You never sent me your email address for pics of the drive.
Okay, please let me know about the attendance issues. If needed, pleased explain to them I work for Grace church every afternoon and evening during the week, plus, I just got the car. lol
Also, did you ever get my PM with all my contact info? I thought it was in there. I'll "pm" it anyway.
Thanks Chris.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yup...that was Bernard. He ran open pipes with his chip and I ran closed stock. We each just made one pass. From memory we all had geriatric response times! The SRT's ran mid-13's @ about 103mph and the Daytona's ran mid-14's @ ???. Maybe plumcrazy574 can fill that in. See ya Saturday at Battle Creek!
Yeah Plumcrazy504 finally walked over and handed me a note that said go! Guess I don't know what green means.
I ran pipes closed w/chip and CAI and "key switch esp" off

14.4 sec @ 96 mph

·
Registered
856 Posts
Yeah Plumcrazy504 finally walked over and handed me a note that said go! Guess I don't know what green means.
I ran pipes closed w/chip and CAI and "key switch esp" off

14.4 sec @ 96 mph
lol, that was funny. As far at the ET and MPH, does anyone know what the air was like that day? How much altitude were you guys racing in? I know Tulsa gets some pretty high air readings. Your 14.4 once corrected for altitude might be even better.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, please let me know about the attendance issues. If needed, pleased explain to them I work for Grace church every afternoon and evening during the week, plus, I just got the car. lol
Also, did you ever get my PM with all my contact info? I thought it was in there. I'll "pm" it anyway.
Thanks Chris.
They said you can participate with your car but you won't qualify for prizes or awards. It won't matter anyway, the awards are not judged, just "picks". Those kind of things always go to the girly purple cars! Oh well, all you can do is remind Chris and Jerry that the cars they are driving belong to their wives! I'm only going to give them a hard time. I got you PM. The first one didn't have your email on it. I sent some pics.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I can't speak for Jerry but I may not go, I just have too many trophies!!

YEAH RIGHT!
Chris

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought that would get a respose out of you! Besides...they are doing plaques!!! There is always more room for plaques. Even for barney cars.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Okay, that's fine for me considering how stock my car is right now, I wouldn't win anything. lol I will have the AFE, stat and Predator installed by the time of the show, though. Are we all meeting up before the show, somewhere. Or, are we all just going to the church?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts