Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to change how long the car will run off the remote starter?

I have the Mopar unit (Code Alarm ?), and it shuts off after 10 minutes.

I'd like to bump that to 15 or 20, is it possible ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm looking at getting the remote starter for my '06 R/T but know nothing about it...can someone let me know please, is it worth it, is there a good theft deterent with it? Winter is approaching and I'd love to have it on there so I can go out to a warm car when I leave work.

Any help would be great...thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking at getting the remote starter for my '06 R/T but know nothing about it...can someone let me know please, is it worth it, is there a good theft deterent with it? Winter is approaching and I'd love to have it on there so I can go out to a warm car when I leave work.

Any help would be great...thanks,
Mike

I only asked for the Mopar one because I wanted to make sure I had no problems with warranty coverage .... if I knew how feature-limited it is and how problematic it was to install (it took my selling dealer 3 days to get it working :knockout: ) , I would've gone aftermarket.

But I complained and ended up getting refunded the full amount of the remote starter, so for free, I'll keep it.

By feature-limited I mean that I wish it had a "pit-stop" mode, my previous systems in previous cars had it, where I could hold a button on the remote, have the system take over running the engine, that would allow me to remove the key and leave/lock the car as if it was remote-started, then within a certain amount of minutes I could reinsert/turn the key and drive-off and the engine would've kept running the whole time.

I used to use this feature to run in to ATM's, coffee shops, etc.

The Mopar remote starter for $500, doesn't have this feature. :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
gpwebman, What aftermarket remote start did you have before? I have just recently seen them so I'm am very unfimiluar with them.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gpwebman, What aftermarket remote start did you have before? I have just recently seen them so I'm am very unfimiluar with them.

Thanks for your help.

Different car man ..... 2 different brands (one was Prestige I think)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts