Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those that have a mopar shifter, does it scratch easily on the plastic and metal parts ? I got one that was supposedly brand new and out of the box it had a lot of small scratches etc. I ended up returning it for a full refund the seller claimed that out of 10 the had for sale all of them looked the same.

·
Registered
831 Posts
To those that have a mopar shifter, does it scratch easily on the plastic and metal parts ? I got one that was supposedly brand new and out of the box it had a lot of small scratches etc. I ended up returning it for a full refund the seller claimed that out of 10 the had for sale all of them looked the same.
On the Mopar 11s (assuming all 2011s), the shifter was very slightly touching the grey plastic that covers the "transmission hole". If you were in Drive, and you use tap shift by doing a lot of left to right movement with the shifter, you would end up scratching the shifter itself and the grey plastic cover.

On my 2013, that problem has been fixed and I had no scratching issues.

If your shifters were used, that could explain it. If they are brand new, I have no idea.

Reactions: kevman

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Do you mean the Mopar Performance Pistol Grip shifter? (see pic)
The smooth black plastic should not be all scratched up.

I have a Mr Norms (aka Gunslinger) pistol grip with carbon fiber look handles and it's been on there for a year and still looks new...

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, yeah its the mopar 11 one that I want. I think the seller was just lying through his teeth and sent me a used one. IN any case I got a refund. The search continues

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I have the Mopar pistol grip in my charger. When it's new it shouldn't be scratched. After having it for several years it has some light scratching but still looks great!

Check on Amazon and other places. I don't trust eBay for anything car related. The price of this shift knob is outrageous (I paid 180 and change), but damn it sure does look sweet.

Reactions: kevman

·
Registered
5,852 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,659 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
picked up another one, this was in much better condition and a lot cheaper to boot. One question I had is that mine was a little bit loose when installed. Is there any way to tighten it up a bit ? I put some electrical tape on the shaft of the shifter and that seems to help, but wondering if anyone had this issue and any suggestions.

Thanks

Kev

·
Registered
42 Posts
thanks guys, yeah its the mopar 11 one that I want. I think the seller was just lying through his teeth and sent me a used one. IN any case I got a refund. The search continues

just got one today for my charger, from ebay, all scratched up, tape residue, and hairline cracks where the screws go in...already emailed the ebay seller..

and it was listed as new....theres no way.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just got one today for my charger, from ebay, all scratched up, tape residue, and hairline cracks where the screws go in...already emailed the ebay seller..

and it was listed as new....theres no way.
sounds exactly like the one I first got. definitely get a return on that. I bought a used one that looked almost brand new for about half the cost.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have the gunslinger pistol grip with woodgrain handle

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
On the Mopar 11s (assuming all 2011s), the shifter was very slightly touching the grey plastic that covers the "transmission hole". If you were in Drive, and you use tap shift by doing a lot of left to right movement with the shifter, you would end up scratching the shifter itself and the grey plastic cover.

On my 2013, that problem has been fixed and I had no scratching issues.

If your shifters were used, that could explain it. If they are brand new, I have no idea.
I have that problem with my '13. Really bugs me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts