Charger Forums banner

Mopar or Diablo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking of getting the Mopar TCM unit and their performance PCM, but now with the Diablo unit providing plenty of tuning options who knows?

Just looking for some input

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Well......

When The Diablo gets here, I'll have all three.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I am running the Mopar TCM and SuperChips until my Diablo comes in...But overall the S/C and the Mopar TCM work very very well.

·
Registered
183 Posts
ok help me out I just traded my sxt for an r/t r&t and i'm dont know what the tcm does i ordered a predator because it seemed like the thing to do, did the brylcreem mod and have been reading post about a tcm all over what does it do or better yet what is it? will it help and will it work with current mods

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok help me out I just traded my sxt for an r/t r&t and i'm dont know what the tcm does i ordered a predator because it seemed like the thing to do, did the brylcreem mod and have been reading post about a tcm all over what does it do or better yet what is it? will it help and will it work with current mods
The MOPAR Transmission Controller Upgrade has optimized shift schedule to take full advantage of the MOPAR 5.7L Hemi Performance Camshaft and Performance Torque Converter. The performance tuned AutoStick® calibration with the hold in-gear feature will prevent the transmission from up-shifting at red-line RPM in AutoStick® mode allowing for sportier driving.

·
Registered
183 Posts
so do you have to replace the cam and torque conv. to use this upgrade?

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Go with the Diablo and Mopar TCM

·
Registered
330 Posts
To use the Moper PCM I think you really need to have the Mopar performance, cam, CAI, and CatBack.

The Mopar TCM can go on a stock vehicle. I heardsomewhere it is a german designed tune for the transmission based on what AMG does with Mercedes (who makes the transmission). The person who told me that raved about it. I can't personally vouch for that claim though, maybe someone else can.

I think Diablo is still ironing out their TCM settings. I seem to keep reading about people with minor issues. I've thought about getting the Mopar TCM, but will Diablo time first. They may get it nailed yet.

(Got my Diablo this week, will be installing it this weekend)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts