Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mopar Performance Parts-

Are the covered by my warranty?, do they have a warranty?, what happens if they go bad?

Many questions debate due to lack of information, dealer employees not educated in their job, coffee shop talk, etc. Hopefully we can be forum with the right info. I like to sell Mopar parts as much as the next guy, but would the customer to have the best info.

Here it is - as good as my eyes can transfer words on paper to my fingers to type.

Mopar Performance catalog.
Terms and Conditions (page 4),
NO PARTS WARRANTY- "AS IS" section (2nd paragraph)-

"Mopar Performance parts beginning with a "P" prefix are sold "as is" unless otherwise noted. This means that parts sold by Mopar Performance carry no warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, such as warranties of merchantability, are excluded. (An implied warranty of merchantability means that a part is reasonably fit for the general purpose for which it was sold.) The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair. Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition. The addition of performance parts does not by itself void a vehicle's warranty, However, added performance parts (parts not originally supplied on the vehicle from the factory) are not covered by the vehicle's warranty, and any failure that they may cause is also not covered by the vehicle's warranty."

I would destroy my book to scan a copy, but I just like the book too much. Stop by your local dealer to view for yourself. If you have questions better to ask a person with the right info- ask away here!

Can anyone say "sticky thread" ?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
It is not covered under warranty.

It would be up to the dealer if they choose to give you a warranty on aftermarket items and yes a Mopar part is a aftermarket item.

·
Registered
794 Posts
The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.

That's the most f***ed up thing I've read. Especially if the Mopar performance parts are installed by the dealer. To me, they are saying "our parts are crap and we don't stand by them".

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
If you bought a set of Mopar headers, and when shipped to you, you find a crack on the mounting flange. You can bet they will be replaced.

If after 100 miles, you discover a cracked flange, your on your own.

Dealers will not honor warranties on any "aftermarket add-ons" regardless who makes them.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Dealers will not honor warranties on any "aftermarket add-ons" regardless who makes them.
That's what's f***ed up. I think if Mopar makes it and you use it, the dealers should at least back the part up. They would probably get a lot more sales in their perfomance parts if they did this.

Now if its a different manufacturer, then I agree, DCX shouldn't have to honor the warranty.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Mopar performance parts are not designed OEM parts. The two are completely non-related. This is why no warranties implied.

To put it another way, why not go to Mopar and ask for a replacement ashtray that broke in your new car. See.....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you bought a set of Mopar headers, and when shipped to you, you find a crack on the mounting flange. You can bet they will be replaced.QUOTE]

Crow- good comment. My parts dept. would take that customer's part back and order another. I would only ask that they contact me immediately.

If I as a consumer know that this could be an issue- I would open part right at counter and inspect for flaws.

·
Vendor
791 Posts
We just ran into an issue with a MOPAR programming item (a 5.7L MOPAR Perf. TCM) that was dead on arrival. Found out that MOPAR's warranty does not cover it. I have to call MOPAR directly to see if I can get them to do something. So far, I've been told that I'm stuck with a dead unit. A couple hundred dollars for a paper weight. Curious to see if they are going to do something on this one.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
That's what's f***ed up. I think if Mopar makes it and you use it, the dealers should at least back the part up. They would probably get a lot more sales in their perfomance parts if they did this.

Now if its a different manufacturer, then I agree, DCX shouldn't have to honor the warranty.
That might be an argument if you purchased the car that way. The way that they argue returns is that people that get them put on add stress to the vehicle. How many of us put a catback on solely for better gas mileage?

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
We just ran into an issue with a MOPAR programming item (a 5.7L MOPAR Perf. TCM) that was dead on arrival. Found out that MOPAR's warranty does not cover it. I have to call MOPAR directly to see if I can get them to do something. So far, I've been told that I'm stuck with a dead unit. A couple hundred dollars for a paper weight. Curious to see if they are going to do something on this one.

Joshua, HHP
I am afraid of something like that happening to me. That's why I have been holding off on ordering one of these until I am absolutely ready to install. I would hate to have it sit on the shelf a few months and then later find out it doesn't work. Let us know how this turns out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts