Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but didn't find any. Was wondering if there were any tutorials or instruction posts on how to remove and install the Mopar OEM CAI. I read that it only talkes about 30 minutes to do. Thanks to the help of posts/tutorials like the one for the "blnker mod" I was able to successfully complete that job nicely. I was hoping there was something similiar for the MOPAR CAI for the Dodge Chargers. Anyone know of anything here or on the web? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
898 Posts
use a small screw driver to get the sensor out, and put some wd40 on it when you put it back in on your new cai, the install is very easy.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I searched but didn't find any. Was wondering if there were any tutorials or instruction posts on how to remove and install the Mopar OEM CAI. I read that it only talkes about 30 minutes to do. Thanks to the help of posts/tutorials like the one for the "blnker mod" I was able to successfully complete that job nicely. I was hoping there was something similiar for the MOPAR CAI for the Dodge Chargers. Anyone know of anything here or on the web? Thanks in advance.
this link will give you all you need with pics
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=38598

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you PM me I can e-mail you the instructions that come with the Mopar CAI. It has step by step instructions with pictures. BTW it is about 3.5 MB.

·
Registered
619 Posts
After you get the instructions, it may talk you about 30 min. Removing the IAT sensor is probably going to be your most difficult task in the process
quoted for truth... i broke the plastic protector off the tip of mine, but it still works. :silenced:

also, i found it much easier to loosely assemble the entire CAI outside of the engine bay and then put it in as one piece and tighten everything up. it eliminates alot of the work done at awkward angles and in tight spaces. just a suggestion though. :smile:

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
It bears repeating: Be careful not to break the airflow sensor. It's REALLY in there tight on your stock install. You can wiggle it back and forth, but it needs to come out pretty much straight.
I followed a tip from here from another member to use a very small dab of dishwashing soap to lube it during reinstallation into the CAI tube. Anything that is slippery, and won't eat rubber should be fine (so, avoid Vaseline). If you want to be all pure about it, maybe some water soluble K-Y jelly if you have some of that left.

And, don't tighten up any clamps until you have it all fit properly. For being a Mopar part, there is a point when you'll be wondering how it supposed to all fit in there. But it does.

You'll really like the improvement in sound!

Don't forget, if you haven't already, to obtain some cleaner and filter oil to maintain the filter.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Can someone tell me exactly what tools are needed for this install? The OEM instructions don't specify. I need to know the size of the tool ie., 8mm,
10mm, etc. socket or wrench whichever the case may be.

Thanks

·
Registered
619 Posts
Can someone tell me exactly what tools are needed for this install? The OEM instructions don't specify. I need to know the size of the tool ie., 8mm,
10mm, etc. socket or wrench whichever the case may be.

Thanks
From Charger_Blitz's "Helpful Tips to Install the Mopar CAI"

Let’s start with the tools – You don’t need many.

1) Flat Head Screw Driver or 2 Flat head screw drivers –Small and Medium will work
2) Socket Wrench 3/8, and ½ (3/8 used for disconnecting the negative battery terminal, ½ used to remove the factory nut on the original system and to tighten with the new Mopar CAI.
the rest of the thread may be very helpful to you also as it gives much better instructions than Mopar provides you with.
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55951

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.