Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello experts,

Hope you all are doing well.

I'm new to the forum and would like to take the chance to get some advice from Charger owners.

currently, i own a 2012 Dodge Charger 3.6L and the vehicle has passed the basic manufacturer warranty period, however still cover by a purchased extended warranty plan.

One month back I went to the dealer service workshop to do the 90,000km service and to report the malfunction of the Bluetooth module, put the car in the garage and took it at the end of the day. However, the service advisor told me that the HFM (hands-free module) is not covered under warranty!

The next day I found the air circulation mode malfunctioning (Apparently it is the humidity sensor), so went back to report the problem. But the answer was "yes, it is the humidity sensor, but it is not covered too!)

Although the warranty book does not detail which parts are covered and which are not, I argued with them that I understand that these parts are covered, however, they simply denied my request.

So, my question here: How can I make sure or verify that these parts ( HFM & humidity sensor ) are not covered by warranty?

finally, as I'm going to change the humidity sensor by myself, I appreciate if someone from the expert team can guide me to do that (with photos).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This really clarifies a lot about the plan coverage.

Hello FST4DR,

Thanks a lot for your help. I have checked the page you've suggested and found that the following should be covered in the Max care plan :clap::

* uconnect® Hands-free Communication System.
* Hands Free Cellular Telematics.

I understand that these are the HFM which the dealer is talking about and claiming that they are not covered!

Furthermore, I found that Low Tire Pressure Sensors & Tire Pressure Monitor/Warning System are covered! But the dealer also said that these sensors are not covered when I had the front passenger side sensor faulty alarm.

I will make another visit to the service center probably tomorrow to tell them about the findings.

thanks once again.

·
Registered
418 Posts
If there is another dealer in your area it may prove beneficial to change. Sounds like the service manager is not up to speed.

·
Registered
677 Posts
This is why I'm always hesitant to put down major $$$ for extended warranty - you're still at the mercy of dealers who may not honor the warranty. Yes you could go find another one, but that's more time out of your days. I'd much rather go to independent shops as-needed for repairs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gents,

Unfortunately there is only one dealer in my country.

Anyway, I had a phone conversation with FCA-ME CustomerCare team member who said " If the dealer said so, this means they checked with us and this was our answer " .

Is it possible that for different regions will have different parts covered under the same exact plan name ?

Does any one have the booklet copy of the max care warranty in any region apart from ME one ?

Can he send a photo of what is covered under electrical article?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
Did not catch that you were overseas. Everything is different with regards to the cars and warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did not catch that you were overseas. Everything is different with regards to the cars and warranty.

Opps,

But I read the booklet and it says a general statement that the plan covers the parts listed but is not limited to what is listed. See these screenshots.

IMG_6870.JPG IMG_6871.JPG

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I didn't think there was any factory warranty of any kind on cars shipped overseas, a warranty would have to be purchased or included by the selling dealer so you would be bound by that plan and whatever it covers. You really have a Mopar warranty in Dubai?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't think there was any factory warranty of any kind on cars shipped overseas, a warranty would have to be purchased or included by the selling dealer so you would be bound by that plan and whatever it covers. You really have a Mopar warranty in Dubai?

Hey Slidd,

Yes, sure it is FCA Mopar extended warranty plan (see this booklet cover photo)
IMG_6868.JPG

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Is it possible that for different regions will have different parts covered under the same exact plan name ?
That might be what's going on. The head of FCA USA Customer Care is Kelley Sadler, maybe send an email to get someone to help.

[email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That might be what's going on. The head of FCA USA Customer Care is Kelley Sadler, maybe send an email to get someone to help.

[email protected]

Wow.

I was looking for such key person contact details as the international customer care team keeps on directing me to the FCA-ME (middle east) support team whom in my opinion are useless and do not even answer your query.

Thanks Slidd.

I will send an email soon requesting intervention for clarification.

Reactions: Slidd

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just wanted to update the status of the subject topic.

Unfortunately I haven't heard back from kelley Sadler neither did I get any positive feedback from FCA's international support team.

So ended up surrendering my case !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts