Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2k14 SXT w/ Rallye Pckg, which includes dual exhaust. Now, although I'm happy with the look of it, it's a bit too quite for my liking. So, I went online looked for a Mopar dual exhaust because I don't want to add something that would void my warranty. So I found a Mopar dual exhaust part #P5156147.
I went to the dealer to see if its the same set up I have, and I was told it was a different exhaust. Now my question is does anyone have this exhaust or any knowledge. As far as, sound goes.. I'm not really concerned with gaining much HP, but I sure don't want to loose any either. I'm only looking for a nice throthy sound at start up and at cruising, but not too loud. I like to enjoy my music and hear the people's BS once in a while..
:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also hoping to hear from someone who has installed this particular cat-back system. It is quite pricey at over $1K. I'd imagine that it should work for any of the 2011-2014 3.6L, though one should probably check the mopar.com website. I entered the info for my 2012 Charge SXT and it lists this cat-back as available - and it shows it as a "performance" cat-back. It wasn't available as an option back when I bought my car in late 2011, nor was it on mopar.com in early 2013, but I did notice that the 2013 blacktop model came with a "performance exhaust", so I wonder if that's when it first came out and after that they made it available for similar models.

All I have so far is the Mopar Cold Air Intake and it provides a really good sound at hard acceleration. I'm happy with that for now, but eventually I'll want a little more - nothing obnoxious though.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Did you check youtube? People post exhaust upgrades there all the time. It's hard to get a V8 growl out of a V6. There are many ways you can go with this. If you're dual already you have the pipe. You might not need to buy a whole new kit. You might be happy replacing mufflers and/or doing resonator eliminate. If you prefer the complete kit there are cheaper non-mopar kits out there. Check out http://pypesexhaust.com/i-13475225-11-14-charger-v8-exc-srt8-cat-back-system-smc24.html kit. I almost bought the Streetpro kit for 2010. It sounded sweet. I ended up going a cheaper route and getting a 2007 R/T catback. I like it because there is no drone. I wouldn't worry about the warranty. They just won't warranty the exhaust because it's aftermarket. If you're paranoid, save the old exhaust until warranty expires.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I purchased a 2k14 SXT w/ Rallye Pckg, which includes dual exhaust. Now, although I'm happy with the look of it, it's a bit too quite for my liking. So, I went online looked for a Mopar dual exhaust because I don't want to add something that would void my warranty. So I found a Mopar dual exhaust part #P5156147.
I went to the dealer to see if its the same set up I have, and I was told it was a different exhaust. Now my question is does anyone have this exhaust or any knowledge. As far as, sound goes.. I'm not really concerned with gaining much HP, but I sure don't want to loose any either. I'm only looking for a nice throthy sound at start up and at cruising, but not too loud. I like to enjoy my music and hear the people's BS once in a while..
:bigthumb:
I don't have a Mopar exhaust, but I will tell you that a typical cat-back exhaust won't void your warranty. It doesn't have to be Mopar. Just wanted to let you know! Good luck!

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
The Mopar performance exhausts are made by Corsa, hence the crazy $$$.

Try having the little skinny middle mufflers replaced with straight pipe and leave the resonators (rear mufflers) alone. If you take off the resonators it will drone you nearly to death (I known: I did it and had to replace the whole system to make it livable)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts