Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much did you guys pay for your exhaust and how much HP gain did you get?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

bump.........................

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Excellent choice!!! I paid $1050. Deals are out there, I waited 6 months till one came around.........

·
Registered
810 Posts
How much did you guys pay for your exhaust and how much HP gain did you get?
I originally got the Mopar system (made by Corsa) for $1275, but the yo yo's gave me two LEFT mufflers in the kit !!! Luckily I laid all the parts out that Saturday morning before I took the original exhaust off ... So over the weekend I did some searching online and found a place that had the real Corsa's for around $1175 .. Instead of just ordering online, I made a phone call to make SURE all the proper parts were there, and I was happy as heck that the girl offered me another $50 discount, so I paid $1125 shipped to my door...

I brought the Mopar ones back to my local dealer on Monday morning, and they were like, "no problem, we'll order you another set." I said, thanks, but no thanks, I'll take the cash refund ....

I don't remember any "break in" period like the other poster suggested, but they just might be a little louder now...

Don't forget to install everything hand tight first, and then torque it down from front to rear... You'll have a little "wiggle" room so you can keep it away from the frame parts so you don't get any rattles... Also, re-torque the nuts a couple weeks after the install, sometimes one or two may loosen a bit...

Good luck,

Kenny
PS, as far as HP gain, I don't think there's much, if any, but it sure SOUNDS awesome at WOT !! .. I ran a best of 13.18 bone stock, and after the exhaust and a drop in K&N air filter, I ran a 13.17 best ... The Predator is what you want to gain ponies !! That thing shaved a good 3/10's off my ET's and gained me over 3 MPH trap speeds...

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
i would definitely go with mopar corsa if i was going to put an exhaust on my SRT

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
How about an R/T?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the input as usual fellas. I have not heard of any significant HP increase from anyone....I thougt I would gain 15-20 HP.....guess not.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Thanks for all the input as usual fellas. I have not heard of any significant HP increase from anyone....I thougt I would gain 15-20 HP.....guess not.
A cat-back exhaust all by itself isn't going to get ya much horsepower over the stock system. The stock system is a bit heavier and obviously is fairly quiet, but it flows really well. To get 15-20 HP you'll need to get high-flow cats also in conjuction with the cat-back. Long-tube headers will get ya some more power also, but aren't needed on a stock head and cam 6.1 motor since the shorty headers on our cars flow really well.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any idea what I would gain with high-flow cats in addition to the cat back exhaust?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Any idea what I would gain with high-flow cats in addition to the cat back exhaust?
I've heard from others that high-flow cats are worth about 8RWHP by themselves.

·
Registered
237 Posts
A cat-back exhaust all by itself isn't going to get ya much horsepower over the stock system. The stock system is a bit heavier and obviously is fairly quiet, but it flows really well. To get 15-20 HP you'll need to get high-flow cats also in conjuction with the cat-back. Long-tube headers will get ya some more power also, but aren't needed on a stock head and cam 6.1 motor since the shorty headers on our cars flow really well.
I agree with this also. I drove a couple Mopar (Corsa) exhaust-equipped SRTs at a recent SRT Track Experience. They were not any faster at all. They only sounded a bit louder under full throttle. Our cars have killer exhausts from the factory by design. Start your car, step back and listen. Look at the factory headers. Not worth the $$$ in my opinion.

·
Registered
928 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
I think what most people fail to realize is that the stock exhaust flows so well. If you are only making stock - or near stock power - you don't need an exhaust...unless you want more volume.

Eric

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I agree with this also. I drove a couple Mopar (Corsa) exhaust-equipped SRTs at a recent SRT Track Experience. They were not any faster at all. They only sounded a bit louder under full throttle. Our cars have killer exhausts from the factory by design. Start your car, step back and listen. Look at the factory headers. Not worth the $$$ in my opinion.
i agree on the 6.1 exhaust... not sure why everyone says it's too quiet

·
Registered
810 Posts
If anyone IS considering a Corsa, or any other exhaust, don't believe that guy who installed it who said you HAVE to cut the pipes .. We just took off the side that un-bolted from the suitcase, and pulled the rest off in one piece and stashed it up in the barn in case I or anyone else wants to put it back on ....

Also, it looked like he was cranking the hell out of those clamps, which is a no no .. They s/b torqued .. (I think it's 55 ft lbs)

Lastly, yes, the stock exhaust flows well and sounds nice, and there aren't going to be huge gains, but the Corsa sounds soooo cool :rocker:

I've got dvd's that I wish I could upload to show the difference, but I'm not that technical .. We shot some from a dead stop launch with both the stock and then w/ the Corsa's on .. If you could hear the difference from behind, especially the 1-2 up shift, you just might be a believer ;)

Kenny

1 - 20 of 20 Posts