Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
nice talk about a bad arse car being not street legal from the factory. talk about crazy power

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
That article didn't really say anything. More speculation.

Has this process/materials even been proved to work on a engine block?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Would be neat to have a super stock challenger. So people could say "Parked in a rickety old garage was a brand new shiny red super stock Dodge." At least I think it would be cool.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Look up compacted carbon engines and check out some of the patents.
It seems that this technique can be used for lots of things, like making Piston caps one way to take heat, and the sides of the Piston head (and sleeve) another way to be slicker! Allowing hotter combustion and at the same time less heat from friction.

Might be some revolutionary materials going into piston engines soon. Hope CLLC jumps on it!
Rumor is that there may be some "big" announcement next thursday at 8AM on dodge.com and chrysler.com... Don't know if it's related.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Yes I see patents, but I can't find any practical applications used yet. Can you post a link? Sounds interesting.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A couple of years ago I did some research for stock investments in nano technology companies. Most of the work was being done with carbon nano tubes and buckyballs. They are freakishly strong and light but the problem at the time was producing them in large enough quantities and at a low enough cost to be practical.

I have a small amount of cash invested in a couple of firms. I have been studiously ignoring my statements so I'm not sure where they are at, the last I checked they were all flat or down.

Maybe you modaholics will make me rich if this pans out! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts