Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last event was INCREDIBLE!! The weather was AWSOME! "Best times" were being posted by EVERYONE! Let's make this last one the best one!!!

That's right folks....this is THE last event of the year.... And from what *I* see, the Championship is TOTALLY up for grabs! The point standings will be posted here:

OLD Standings!! (oct 17th, 2007) :

1) 0708......Gil Gauck...Plantation....05 Magnum...102 + 10?
2) 9594......Mike Montgomery...Sunrise...05 Magnum...61 + 10?
3) 3520......Kris Wall...Royal Palm Beach...06 Dodge...60 + 10?
4) 6610......Marsad Quraishi...Boca Raton...06 SRT8 300...52
5) 6906......James Girtman...Okeechobee...07 Dodge...51 + 51?
6) 8239......Kash Mohammed...Ft. Lauderdale...06 Dodge...50 + 20?
7) 8427......Neil Simon...Lake Worth...07 Daytona...42
8) 2823......Scott Boegler...Lauderhill...06 Charger...41 + 10?
9) 0701......Tony Hamilton...Margate...Mopar...30
10) 3278.....Mike Stone...West Palm Beach...06 Dodge...30 + 20?

+ red numbers are guesstimated numbers for last race?? Anyone??

Let's see....the story lines.....
Gil - STILL says that Kash is a , and the "grocery getters" will take it all! (as he chomps on his sandwich with XTRA onions!)

Kash comes back posting a 13.74

1FAST4DR (Pink tu-tu) ...shaving his legs before each race is kinda different. But who's gonna mess with pre-race rituals?!

1FASTLXRYCAR - throwin down some SERIOUSly fast numbers!!! Hi 12's in the SRT. NICE!

Crazy8's gonna be ready ...that's for sure!!!

Will Tony be able to mash on the "go pedal"? or will it ooze all over the place??

SixSickSheep - makin' the charge to the top of the leaderboard!!! Lookout!!!

SRT8U - Mr. Inconsistant?? Why???? I dunno....wierd.

MikeStone - with a REAL tune from Diablo (no further comment)...Now has everything setup properly.......as long as he can stop smoking the tires for the first 100'!!! LOL!

R/Tdrvr - startin to throw down some great reaction times....NICE!!

Dan(BilletTechnology) - representin' the vendor section!

Rumor also has it that the V6's are gonna make a final stand.... Looking to upset the apple cart and eliminate some of the top leaders for the Chamionship!

Maybe some of the Central Chapter will come out and play...IF they TAKE OFF THE MOUSE EARS!!!

Meanwhile...I'll keep red-lighting like a complete moron...

Okay...so there's the story lines.....

Here's the info!:

We are gonna do the same thing we did last time...Meet up at Pompano Beach service plaza(Turnpike) at 3:30, then head north to meet at that Publix on PGA Blvd (just west of the Turnpike)at 4:30, put a couple gallons of "go-go juice" in the tank, and then get to Moroso at 5??
This will give us enough time to cool the engines a little bit, and make our runs!

If there are any questions or comments, please post them here!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The LIST:

1) Monty1269
2) AJ_Gil
3) SRT8U
4) rtr0id
5) MikeStone1958
6) sixsicksheep
7) ko4000
8) 1fastLXRYcar
9) Crazy8
10) BilletTechnology
11) tlw1022
12) R/Tdrvr
13) jpilone
14) herbs
15) DeafCharger<----the ONLY "Central Chapter representative!?!?
16) daILLestWun
17) Go Man GO 3521
18) 1FAST4DR Possibly the Fastest 6.1 in the South! - That's right...I heard those numbers!
19)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hope to make it to this one to support you guys. Didn't make it to the last one due to some car problems (aka coolant thrown all over my engine bay).

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope to make it to this one to support you guys. Didn't make it to the last one due to some car problems (aka coolant thrown all over my engine bay).

Understandable with THOSE cars.. ;) :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was waiting on THAT response lol.

I would love to feed your loathe for mustangs, but it's not a FORD issue :p was in an accident a bit ago and the radiator was never replaced as it should have been. All taken care of now though. :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually.....I HAVE a F0rd...... But it's sitting in the driveway with a crapped-out motor and collecting dust.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I heard about this event the other night at Hooters. I might have to join you... for support ONLY, of course.:clap:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I heard about this event the other night at Hooters. I might have to join you... for support ONLY, of course.:clap:
Come on....race...lots of fun and it is bracket racing...only run as hard as you want to. You can rent a helmet at the track! Would be great to see another PC!!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
It sounds like fun but I am still learning the car. I don't even have 3000 miles on her yet. I am breaking her in slowly.:lol: If I am not racing can I still park with the group?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Of course you can!! Admission to watch is $15 per person. To race is $ 30. Don't worry...the new season will be starting up in January! :) Hopefully, you will have over 3,000 miles by then. :D

·
Registered
616 Posts
It sounds like fun but I am still learning the car. I don't even have 3000 miles on her yet. I am breaking her in slowly.:lol: If I am not racing can I still park with the group?
Well that is understandable.. When you feel comfortable and confident enough to take a trip down the 1/4 mile just give us a shout.. There are many experienced guys out there that will give you some pointers, as they did me my first time out.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Every one at the last one was really helpful and it was a very educational experience. I think that you should at least look and think about running with us!

There was no judging by the other members. My first run was like 17 plus seconds. I just took my time to figure it out. The next run was 14.9 and the next was 14.5.

I went to the next test and tune and pulled a 14.3....

According to UPS my Predator and CAI will be here TODAY!

I think I can safely say that you will be welcome even if you decide not to run. But, you will have more fun if you do!!!!!!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
yup.. My 1st ever run was in the 15 sec range....yuck!!:redface: lol
I was a bit embarrassed but I soon realized I didnt need to be. Like you said no one out there is judgemental.
If anything they are excited to help us out and give you some tricks and tips so we will have even more fun you next go around.

And hey GOMANGO 3521 congrats on the CAI and Predator!! Did you get in on the AFE stage II and Predator Combo price??

I think those sub 14's are a thing of the past for you my friend!! Congrats again..:clap:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I got the hookup at Tbyrne and a thermostat too! Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday with my new goodies!

·
Registered
151 Posts
The most important things to remember about bracket racing:
1. Have fun!!
2. Be Safe!!
3. You don't need to do a smoking burnout! All you need to do is scrub the tires, so they are clean. Do not do a major burnout to "heat" up the tires. It is a waste! Street tires will actually lose traction when too hot. Turn off traction control, drive around the water box, back up a little (but not into the water box), spin the rear tires. After spinning them, Turn Traction Control Back On! Once you are experienced and want the extra 10th of a second, then turn it off, but you are safer with it on. I've been drag racing my Z06 Corvette and now my Charger...traction control stays on!!
Those are the top items to remember. I am more than happy to let everyone in on my setup on my Charger and will help you out as well. I set my rear tire pressure to 20 psi and the fronts to close to 40 psi. This helps with traction in the rear and weight transfer. If anyone comes out that is new and wants some pointers, feel free to come see me. I have a Plum Crazy Daytona.

Neil

ps: After the October Double Header, Mike and I spoke about having our own driver's meeting to go over safety and setup. Was not able to make it to November's race, due to personal reasons, but will be there for this one and will hold a meeting for "newbies".

·
Registered
638 Posts
Some day I might get up the nerve to run down the track. But I am still trying to figure out what this "Predator" thing everone talks about is.:knockout: I am starting to figure out my car, but have a long way to go. For now, I will take in all the useful knowledge being thrown around. I will see all of you there!!

Julia

·
Registered
151 Posts
Chuck...no problem. I learned a lot from the guys in the Corvette Challenge and love to share my knowledge with others!

Julia...same thing. I am more than happy to share my knowledge with everyone. As for the "Predator" thing, it wakes up the car and gives you much more usable power. Coupled with a cold air intake (Mopar, K&N, etc.) and a cat back exhaust system (Borla, Zommer, Corsa, etc.), a Daytona R/T has been dyno-tested to be at around 301hp at the rear wheels. TByrne has a great deal going on the Predator and AFE Air Intake. I'd check into that package. I already had my Mopar cold air intake, so I went with just the Predator from TByrne. Hope this helps some. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention...get a catch can! At higher RPMs, the motor is designed to let oil blow by the rings. This ends up in the intake and after a couple years, it gets really nasty. Invest in a catch can to help keep your intake clean. I am running a Billet Technology's catch can...still need to get braided hoses, though. The black rubber ones don't look nice enough for me. :) But, for now, they do a great job.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
BT won't be at this event. Dan will be in Houston and I will be at home getting some rest.

I think the leader of the Caravan out to the event should be the ride that had the fastest time at the last event.

Have fun guys :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts