Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you're taking of the stock Air Filter, what ist that piece with the two electrical wires we have to unclick? Does it hook into the Mopar CAI, or does it just dangle. I'm trying to get a headstart for the arrival of the Mopar CAI tomorrow, so I removed the stock and was just wondering what that was. Any info is appreciated from those who have done this. Thanks everyone.

jweland

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
jweland said:
When you're taking of the stock Air Filter, what ist that piece with the two electrical wires we have to unclick? Does it hook into the Mopar CAI, or does it just dangle. I'm trying to get a headstart for the arrival of the Mopar CAI tomorrow, so I removed the stock and was just wondering what that was. Any info is appreciated from those who have done this. Thanks everyone.

jweland
those wires plugged into a sensor on the stock tube... if the mopar is like the K&N tube... you must remove the sensor from the stock tube and install it into the mopar tube....

·
Registered
57 Posts
hi jweland,
the piece you are refering to is the sensor, the instructions dont tell you this until towards the end, but you do have to take the original sensor from the original tubing then attach it to the new one.it's kind of hard to pull off, but it comes off with a good tug and a flathead screwdriver to wedge it.hope this helps.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, if I understand you all correctly, I've got the stock one removed, so the wires are just dangling(with the plastic clipping device still on them) and I am to just re-attach them to the Mopar CAI? I just wasn't sure if it was Dodge specific clipping device that's all. So, if the plastic clipping device surrounding the wires is intact on the wires and is (male, for example) is there a female portion on the Mod to attach it too? Thanks guys.

jweland

·
Registered
57 Posts
the wires unclip, female to male onto the sensor, unclip the wires first, then remove the sensor and attach the sensor (looks like a nipple) to the new tubing.once the tube is in place with the sensor on it, then clip the wires back on.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see what you mean. Just removed the sensor from the stock tubing. I take it (judging by the look of no box around the CAI) that once it is installed I'll just be simply plugging the sensor back into the wire, but where does it go on the new Mopar part, since there is no outer rubber place to fit it back into? Sorry to ask so many questions, but your info really helps. Thanks BAD 24 7 and to anyone else who answers.

jweland

·
Registered
57 Posts
on the mopar CAI tube, you should notice a small hole, a small circular rubber thingy should have came with your new parts. attach that round rubber to the tube and the sensor then fits onto that similar to the way it fit on the original tube.once all is installed, the set up and location of the sensor is at the same place as the stock was.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BAD 24 7 you've been a great help. You too Daytona! Thanks again guys. Look forward to seeing you on the road hopefully. I'm in Mesa, AZ. I'm pretty sure Daytona's in AZ, how about you BAD?

·
Registered
57 Posts
glad to be of help.the people on this site are very helpful, i've gotten a lot of help from godaddy and bstowers.you guys arent too far from me, im in san diego CA, just got my R/T 02 sep and the first mod i did was the CAI.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That sensor is the air intake temperature sensor and is very important for getting the right fuel mixture to the motor. Don't need no screwdriver with this. On the tab, there is a orange part that pulls up and out of the way, then just push the black tab and it just drops right off with no effort.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts