Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 3126 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any members here from Montreal, Canada.
I'm a longtime fan, and new Charger owner(2 months)
I bought a 2007 inferno red SE with the 3.5l, 5 speed autostick upgrade.
Really happy with the car, although, I do admit to the 'wannahemi' bug!!
Love to hear from fellow Montreal owners on this forum.

Chuckchef

·
Registered
620 Posts
Chuckchef, welcome to the forum from Gatineau. I'm not in the Montreal area, but I have gone to a meet there for the past two years and I've met up with a few forum members from Montreal. I hope you enjoy your car as much most of the rest of us do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,

I'm from Montreal. Live in Pierrefonds in the West Island. Not too many Chargers out here .... and that's fine with me!

-- 2006 Midnight Blue Charger R/T with R&T Package
Current Mods: Daytona Grill, Daytona Front Lip and Rear Diffuser

·
Registered
174 Posts
Located in Laval.

A few R/Ts in the area, at least one sub-lime and 2 black SRT's.

I do not post a lot, but I sure follow-up these forums. So far it has been a gold mine of information and very helpful in some of the (minor) mods I made.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome aboard Chuckchef - this forum is a great source of info.
I no longer live in town but have a number of clients there and wind up motoring around fairly frequently. If you get a wave from a black SRT give us a wave back!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all Montreal area owners, I live on Montréal's south shore. I love this Forum and LXForums also. Great source of information. But it also given me the MOD bug, my wife thinks I'm crazy. I see a fwe Chargers around, mostly V6 but never saw a visibly modded one. Isn't it incredible how people react to our cars even total strangers? «Nice car sir, is it fast, It's a HEMI? etc.»

A Montreal region owners club would be nice to exchange local info and tips and to meet once in a while.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would be into that....i've seen quite a few SRT's in town, mostly 300's and cherokees, but a few chatgers as well..........hmmm wife will divorce me if i get an SRT!!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Toronto guy, hey all you Habs fans ! :grin:

I love Montreal, but... last time I was there (January on business) my Charger did not receive much love... right off I didn't notice many LX'es around town... then in parking lot across from downtown hotel the attendant wanted me to tuck it into the smallest of spots... but my door trim is gone and I'm a back-of-the-lot member.

When I finally asked for a better spot I returned to my car after the trip to find someone had drawn their name in the snow on the car !! ugh luckily no permanent marks.

Won't stop me from visiting again as soon as I can :D but next time I might get a room on St. Denis this time for some (oddly safer) overnight street parking.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread here, I can't believe I missed it first time around.

I live on the North Shore, just north of Laval. We should all hook up at the Friday musclecar gatherings at the Dunkin Donuts at Dagenais and Labelle (next to the Canadian Tire).

·
Registered
174 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread here, I can't believe I missed it first time around.

I live on the North Shore, just north of Laval. We should all hook up at the Friday musclecar gatherings at the Dunkin Donuts at Dagenais and Labelle (next to the Canadian Tire).

Still happening at this time of year ?

...Ben...

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
:) I don't believe the majority of those cars at those gathering see road duty beyond October. :)

We can always set something up ourselves... as I was saying via PM to another MTL'er, we can stand around shivering and comparing salt deposits and then go inside for a hot coffee somewhere.

The musclecar meets usually start up around May and continue until September or so, but people still informally continue to drop by until it gets too cold or the snow comes.

It's $2 to park in the "showfield", it's first-come first-served and it gets VERY crowded past 6:30pm on Fridays!

It's the crowd that used to be at the big plaza next to the 13 at Ste Dorothée and before that at the Super C/donut shop on Labelle up near the 440. It's put on by Laval Autosport.

·
Registered
158 Posts
From south shore of Montréal

Hi, I am from La Prairie, south shore of Montréal I have a Dodge Charger SRT8 2006 with a supercharger their is a lot (drager) that have seen my exhauss on a drag, I do easely 11.70s and close 124mph you can see my drag slip and dyno on my wed side www.danielforand.com.
It spin a lot on start a gona get quaife, next time I should do a better time.
If you need somme parts, I can get it for you at better price than the market.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Jesus, and here I was all proud and smarta$$y 'cause I run a CAI and the Predator. Tu m'a mis a ma place, Daniel! LOLOLOLOL.
It'd be nice to meet up with Triple and all the other Mtl'ers when the weather gets better. I blew it last time 'round, but I'll make sure to be there next time

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey, welcome back from FLA. We'll have to swap cars as soon as this s**t disappears from the roads

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We should set something up at the Orange Julep on Decarie. Central for north and south shore people!!
What do you guys think??

·
Registered
859 Posts
We should set something up at the Orange Julep on Decarie. Central for north and south shore people!!
What do you guys think??
That sounds right to me. And it is a hot spot for cars during the summer. I've been there a few times with my motorcycle as well as ZZ and the Tramper.

As an aside, I got a compliment from my neighbor last week on my latest "mod" on the Charger. When I asked him what the heck he was talking about, he informed me that he just loved the new "Gold Tint" on my mags. I chuckled and told him it was simply a coating of Maxima Motorcycle Chain Wax which I sprayed on to protect the wheels from the salt spray up here. I sometimes get caught with my pants down by bringing the Charger to work on an officially "snow-free" day:mad:
I've included a pic to show the tint. Kinda hard to tell, but for reference you can judge the tint as compared to the alum. stepladder in the background.

·
Registered
859 Posts
hey, welcome back from FLA. We'll have to swap cars as soon as this s**t disappears from the roads
You really sure you wanna try mine? I don't want you feeling obligated, I'd feel terrible 'bout that LOLOLOL

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
What do you guys think??
I'm okay with that, but I have to be honest and say that the Julep is no longer really my favourite type of car hangout. I used to be there twice a week back in the late 90s and really early 2000s, and the eventual ricer invasion on Thursday night really drove me away. Our F-body club used to take up an entire half-ring around the orange, and then eventually we got fed up of having to keep an eye on gangsta-wannabes with their pants' waistlines hanging off their knees leaning on our cars while chatting up the local Britney clones.

Once the parking lot donuts started up, things got too crazy for me. The climax was some dumbass in a pastel-green notchback LX Mustang losing control and stuffing his car into the 2-storey-tall cedars next to the Mercedes dealership... the biker trying to do a burnout in front of the Julep on Decarie and falling off his bike and having the bike come to a halt in pieces somewhere in front of the Petro-Can was "funny" too. Good stuff for video, but I think I'd rather keep my cars safe.

Nowadays my tastes run more to the older owners with less need to prove their "manhood" and with a little more consideration for their fellow car enthusiast. That's why I tend to associate more with the Laval Autosport type. They hold their "shows" on Tuesdays in Terrebonne and Fridays in Laval, and they might actually be responsible for the Wednesdays at the Julep, not sure. The Wednesday Julep crowd was nice... for the first few years after I got my WS6, even though I wasn't officially allowed to park in the "field" because the rules stated 20 years old and older, they'd let me park at the very entrance. Nice guys.

If they still have the 20-year-old minimum rule on Wednesdays, both my GTA and my '78 now fit the bill. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
why wouldnt i wana try a 6.1 hemi over my 3.5??? damn, my username should've been wannahemi!!.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I'm okay with that, but I have to be honest and say that the Julep is no longer really my favourite type of car hangout. I used to be there twice a week back in the late 90s and really early 2000s, and the eventual ricer invasion on Thursday night really drove me away. Our F-body club used to take up an entire half-ring around the orange, and then eventually we got fed up of having to keep an eye on gangsta-wannabes with their pants' waistlines hanging off their knees leaning on our cars while chatting up the local Britney clones.

Once the parking lot donuts started up, things got too crazy for me. The climax was some dumbass in a pastel-green notchback LX Mustang losing control and stuffing his car into the 2-storey-tall cedars next to the Mercedes dealership... the biker trying to do a burnout in front of the Julep on Decarie and falling off his bike and having the bike come to a halt in pieces somewhere in front of the Petro-Can was "funny" too. Good stuff for video, but I think I'd rather keep my cars safe.

Nowadays my tastes run more to the older owners with less need to prove their "manhood" and with a little more consideration for their fellow car enthusiast. That's why I tend to associate more with the Laval Autosport type. They hold their "shows" on Tuesdays in Terrebonne and Fridays in Laval, and they might actually be responsible for the Wednesdays at the Julep, not sure. The Wednesday Julep crowd was nice... for the first few years after I got my WS6, even though I wasn't officially allowed to park in the "field" because the rules stated 20 years old and older, they'd let me park at the very entrance. Nice guys.

If they still have the 20-year-old minimum rule on Wednesdays, both my GTA and my '78 now fit the bill. :)

LOLOLOL. I didn't know it had become a ricer hangout. I saw a few of 'em there the few times I went, but I never stayed long enuf to realize anything...
Hey, I'm up to going wherever as long as I don't need a passport or a tank of gas to get there.*thumbs-up*

Chuckster, there's a problem with my offer. You see, today I downloaded the Diablo tune into the car. I dunno if you'll be able to accurately judge the difference between the 3.5 & a bone-stock 6.1 anymore. Are you REALLY, REALLY sure you wanna take a test drive? You may not wanna drive yours back home LOLOL

1 - 20 of 3126 Posts