Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any other forum members on here from Montana? We (my wife and I) just bought a R/T.... We're from Lakeside.....

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I hope you find a few, we are a rare breed in ND

·
Registered
26 Posts
Grew up in Miles City but now live in Denver but go back every year for the Bucking Horse Sale

·
Registered
172 Posts
Living in Billings. See other Chargers about every day here. Most have the 6-bangers. Think I saw a black SRT8 today.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i'll be movin to great falls in nov. how well do you guys get around in the winter?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Winter Driving

Nice Car! I leave mine in the garage when the roads are ice and snow covered. With the wide tires, it loses traction easily on grades above 4%, and Great Falls has a few of those. The traction control helps to a point but eventually you will just be sitting there. Some guys swap to snow tires in the winter. The AWD guys get around great. If you don't already have one you may want to pick up a 4X4 to get around every day in Great Falls in the winter. Have a good move and I hope you enjoy Great Falls - nice town!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks. I can't wait to get up there but I'm not lookin forward to drivin up there in november. I'm considering trading her for a truck but I don't want to get rid of her

·
Registered
172 Posts
Give her up?

Please don't give her up on my account! There should only be about 20 days per year after a fresh snow or freezing rain when you would not want to drive your Charger - that leave you 345 other days! Larger towns like Great Falls plow snow pretty reliably and then sand and salt, so the roads dry out between snowfalls. You can pick up a decent used 4X4 Ford Ranger, Chevy Blazer beater or something like that for under 5K. Also good for hunting and fishing if you are into that. You might check Craigslist Montana - some pretty good deals on there. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well the wife doesn't want me to get rid of her. I probably won't. I sold my 67 firebird and I still regret it. I think I'm just panicking a bit becouse I lived in Alaska for 4 years and it was horrible with my camaro. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used to live in Bozeman and drove my 64 impala through 5 winters there. I had a 30 mile commute daily and even an old car like that did fine on icy roads. I can't imagine our cars doing much worse. If you haven't driven in snow/ice much, get some studded tires for winter and practice practice! People drive way better in the winter there than they do here in Cali that's for sure!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Drove my RWD RT all winter this year, during one of the hardest winter in 10 years for Western Montana in terms of icy roads and snow accumulation and only had to days where it was a little crazy. ESP was amazing and I only got stuck once when the neighbor plowed his driveway into the street, but I was more high centered than anything else! LOL!!! This summer I am going to go aftermarket wheels and performance tires and mount up the stock 18's with snow and ice tires so when winter comes this fall I can just swap out the wheels and drive with no fears...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great Falls as well...had an R/T, a Daytona and now the SRT. Winter is not a show stopper as the car can be used with a bit of caution. When in doubt we just rely on our other vehicles/4x4 truck to get places.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.