Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that anytime you put money in your ride it's best to try and sell it yourself to re-coup some of the funds so with that said...

Do dealerships take into consideration the money you have put into your ride when trading it in?? I can see myself spending 3-5k on this car in mod's and plan on keeping it a LONG time, but was curiouse to see if I ever traded it in would there be value added???

If not, WHY!!! The dealerships add spoilers and graphix and other things to charge an extra couple of grand so why would you not get at least a portion of the value you added to the car back on a trade in??

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
This depends greatly on what mods were done and what dealership you trade your car into. For example, say you traded your car into a BMW dealership, then they really don't care what mods you did as they won't be the ones selling your car anyway. But say you traded your car into a used car dealership that sells high performace cars, then they may actually give you a little more for it, if the mods were done tastefully. I realize tastefully is subject to a point of view but as long as the mods are not outragious (huge spoiler, wild colors etc.) you can a get a little more but not much.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thats why I dont plan on doing a whole hell of alot to my car. The new wheels and tires, will come off and go on the next new Charger next year.

This car that I have will only be around till this time next year. Thats when I will have my 2009 SRT8! And that bab boy I plan on keeping for a while, and dropping serious money on.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats why I dont plan on doing a whole hell of alot to my car. The new wheels and tires, will come off and go on the next new Charger next year.

This car that I have will only be around till this time next year. Thats when I will have my 2009 SRT8! And that bab boy I plan on keeping for a while, and dropping serious money on.
Demolded, that will cost you a grand :)

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts