Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
This is an invite to all of you Chargers out there. The group that has been meeting in Broken Arrow is making an effort to meet in a more central location to be convenient to all. We are also looking for a high visibility location. Next Wednesday night (Sept. 19th) at 6pm we are meeting at FREEDIES FROZEN CUSTARD & STEAKBURGERS in Tulsa. It is on 71st west of Mingo (south of Sam’s Wholesale Club). The address is 9311 E. 71st Street South. We have been picking up some good sponsors and are working on having items from a local Dodge dealer for prizes. We have been arranging some special guest Chargers. They are really cool to see up close and not behind you with the flashing lights on! This is a great way to share ideas and tell lies. Bring the family, even if it’s for a quick stop. We would love to have your car in our lineup!

Here are some recent pics. Enjoy!

·
Registered
157 Posts
The new location should be good for everybody. When I talked to the manager of FREDDIES he was real excited to have us. He even said he will try and hook everyone that shows up with some FREE ice cream!!!!!

Also, TWISTED GRAPHICS hooked us up with some MODERN MOPAR MUSCLE stickers , so I'll have those for anyone that wants one this week.

Chris

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The new location should be good for everybody. When I talked to the manager of FREDDIES he was real excited to have us. He even said he will try and hook everyone that shows up with some FREE ice cream!!!!!

Also, TWISTED GRAPHICS hooked us up with some MODERN MOPAR MUSCLE stickers , so I'll have those for anyone that wants one this week.

Chris
I would say you just made some friends! Thanks Twisted Graphics. Good job 574.:clap:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I talked to the Manager of Freddies agian and he is excited to have us! He is going to rope off the parking facing 71st street for us and he said if we come in and get a burger, he will kick in a drink and ice cream. He seems to want to work with us so PLEASE everybody in the area come by and hang out for a bit!

Chris

·
Registered
157 Posts
Had another good time last night ! The new meeting place worked out good , Thanks to FREEDIES for the free ice cream. We met some new people but we need some more mopar cars to show up! Can't wait till next week

Chris

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey 574,
Did ya finally find some special effects guys to help you out?! It's amazing what you can do with Photoshop. :rolleyes:
Congrats...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah, that smoke machine works good! They have them in the halloween aisle at Wal-Mart. You guys should pick one up!(lol)

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
So, what happened? Anybody show up? No pics posted yet......

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We braved the rain but I wasn't willing to bring out the camera. We had most of our core group. We had a lot of traffic at this location and a couple of Chargers spotted us and stopped in. Freddie's kept some club info and will be posting our meet for next week on their "scoreboard" electronic ad sign and let us put up a banner. They have great burgers and are giving us free custard. Overall I would consider the first meeting at that location a success!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Well, I just got my Charger last night. So, when's the next weekend meet??? :D
I wish I could meet on a weeknight, but I work till midnight Mon-Fri... :(

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome PerfRacer!
We have a great group of Chargers and could always use more. Maybe you could take a dinner break some Wednesday night and come by. You could check out some of the mods we have made. We try to find nearby shows to attend. They are kind hard to find sometimes, not always well advertised. You might try http://members.cox.net/tulsacruise/ and view the events section. Manicmechanic and I are considering going to the Route 66 meet in Springfield, IL this weekend. It is a major national event. I am building a database of Charger owners. If you would like, you can PM me any contact info...name, phone, email, etc. We will sometime share info and pictures that way.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I'll PM you my contact info, and look forward to meeting up with the group at some point. Unfortunetly, I probably won't be able to meet up on Wed nights, as I work for Grace church in the afternoon through the evenings, M-F. Not being able to get away would hold especially true for Wed nights, as that's a church service night. But, I'd be more than happy to meet up on the weekends. I could also discuss with the church the use of the parking lots for any meetings and activities, small or large. On a somewhat cool side note, Pastor Bob Yandian drives an '06 SRT-8 300C daily, the head of church operations drives an '06 Hemi Magnum with a Mopar exhaust, and our main security truck is a Red '03 Ram with a 4.7 in it. I guess the Mopar circle is complete now. lol

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
On a somewhat cool side note, Pastor Bob Yandian drives an '06 SRT-8 300C daily, the head of church operations drives an '06 Hemi Magnum with a Mopar exhaust, and our main security truck is a Red '03 Ram with a 4.7 in it. I guess the Mopar circle is complete now. lol
I beleive the Pastor also has a Challenger or Cuda as well, seen him out at Sonic on Saturday night down on Peoria.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I beleive the Pastor also has a Challenger or Cuda as well, seen him out at Sonic on Saturday night down on Peoria.
Yup, he has a '73 'Cuda with a 340 topped-off with an Edelbrock 420hp package, Tremec 5-speed conversion, and 4-wheel disk brakes. It's a Sweet car. He also has a beautiful black '67-'68 390 GT Mustang.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
With those cars, I bet he is never late to church! Sounds like you have a Mopar meet every Sunday. :lol:

·
Registered
856 Posts
With those cars, I bet he is never late to church! Sounds like you have a Mopar meet every Sunday. :lol:
lol, yeah, I guess we do. There are a few people on staff, as well as with those who attend church there, who have some nice "toys".

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.