Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2008 dodge charger 2.7 v6 and i want to add a little more horsepower sense its such a heavy car and make it sound more rough. So i was thinking about adding some duel exhaust to it rite now and headers. Do i have to add headers and exhaust at the same time when i mod it or can i do them one piece at a time? Im not really wanting to add a super charger or turbo to it until i end up getting a different charger with a bigger engine some time from now. So whats a good mod to my charger, roughly how much will it cost, and the questions about the exhaust and headers i asked as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I got a 2008 dodge charger 2.7 v6 and i want to add a little more horsepower sense its such a heavy car and make it sound more rough. So i was thinking about adding some duel exhaust to it rite now and headers. Do i have to add headers and exhaust at the same time when i mod it or can i do them one piece at a time? Im not really wanting to add a super charger or turbo to it until i end up getting a different charger with a bigger engine some time from now. So whats a good mod to my charger, roughly how much will it cost, and the questions about the exhaust and headers i asked as well.
Based on the language and spelling in your post, I'm guessing you are fairly young. My advice to you is to NOT try and get anything more out of the 2.7. Just drive it, and pile every penny you can into the bank. When you have enough, take your "well taken care of and stock" 2.7 Charger and trade it in on 5.7 R/T. You will be much happier, and actually feel like you accomplished something by saving your money and earning a faster car.

There is nothing you can do to that 2.7 that will really improve the performance substantially without any significant investment. It will be cheaper and easier and have more power if you save your mod money and invest in a different platform. Trust me on this. Don't waste your money. Don't listen to the hype. Nothing you can just bolt on will give any significant return. All it will do is lighten your wallet.

Avoid chips, intakes, exhaust, headers, cams, etc. Just drive the 2.7. And put synthetic oil and change it every 4000 miles. Take care of your car so you get more on trade-in. Set a budget and a plan to meet your goal. That R/T will be so much sweeter. Modding your 2.7 will only lighten your wallet.
Again - cant say this enough - change the oil VERY often. The 2.7 is pretty well known to have an issue of cooking and sludging up oil very easily...

Im hoping you listen and come back in 2 years and thank me. Good luck!

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
just drive it, and pile every penny you can into the bank. When you have enough, take your "well taken care of and stock" 2.7 charger and trade it in on 5.7 r/t.
bingo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts