Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, so I went to the dealer closest to my house (not where I bought my '07 R/T R&T, that ones a bit far) and talked to one of the service writers about mod's. To make a long story short it went like this "BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, backpressure, BLAH, damage, BLAH, BLAH, void. Any mods BLAH,BLAH VOID". Yeah whatever. I felt like saying "So what your telling me is I should never bring my car here cause your a j**k**S."

I would at least like to do exhaust and CAI to get better sound but not at the expense of my warranty. The BOSS would have my manhood over the mantle if I did that:cry: Does anyone out there know of Mod Friendly Dealers in Northwest Indiana or far south suburbs of Chicago or should I just go to them one at a time?

Any advice would be appreciated!

This forum RULES!!:rockon:

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Go to your original dealer, headers, cat backs and CAI do not void your warranty. Sure you replace your exhaust, your lose warranty on your factory exhaust, not the rest of the car. You are right this dealer is a jack ass!

·
Registered
60 Posts
LIke Crazy said...you can do iiiiiiittttttttttt!
Do it all night long!!!!
Seriously.. we should come up with a way to hold misleading, ignorant, loser dealerships accountable for steering the consumer wrong.
I can't STAND TO BE TOLD WHAT I CAN'T DO and THEN FIND OUT THAT I COULD!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I have a confesion.....

My old service manager a die hard mopar fan and a few of his mechanics now work at a KIA dealership..This is how I will get around warranty issues. They have a star scan, know my plans and will cover my ass if sh!t happens before I have to go to the not so mod friendly dealers. It's kinda like cheating, they also did a turbo on a SuperBee in the area

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is great information...

I live in NORTHWEST Houston. Locals, you know who my DODGE dealer is. They said they will not honor the warranty if I added high flow CAT and long tube headers. I did put on the Corsa Cat-back system and it rocks!!!

I was TOLD, by an unidentified aftermarket company, that any addition would not void a warranty unless it could be proven that the part / modification was the root cause of the failure... but I did not have anything in writing. Looks like I'm gonna' be changing the rest of the exhaust system now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input everyone. I had heard about the Magnuson law before from a K&N rep., they have it posted on their website. I just dont have the time/patience to battle a dealer over something that I shouldn't have to. I'd rather find a friendly dealer.

Gomango,
Sounds like you had a similar problem. That sucks that some dealers tell us that crap. Why should they void our engine warranty for making the exhaust they way it should have been from the factory??? Mopar peformance makes a kit with long tube headers and high flow cats. Why would the Mopar engineers design something that will hurt the HEMI is my question? The kit is on sale right now for like 960 bucks free shipping. I have heard the Mopar kit is the way to go because other ones throw codes.

·
Registered
115 Posts
This is great information...

I live in NORTHWEST Houston. Locals, you know who my DODGE dealer is. They said they will not honor the warranty if I added high flow CAT and long tube headers. I did put on the Corsa Cat-back system and it rocks!!!

I was TOLD, by an unidentified aftermarket company, that any addition would not void a warranty unless it could be proven that the part / modification was the root cause of the failure... but I did not have anything in writing. Looks like I'm gonna' be changing the rest of the exhaust system now.
Interesting...l bought my car there and they tried to sell me that same stuff as I was signing the paperwork. Without naming names, the Aftermarket Manager came over and asked me if they could "sweeten the deal".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts