Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the other night I'm driving north on I-5 towards the US/Canada border in the RT. I see lights coming up behind me fast, and an older Porsche 944 goes by. A few seconds later a Mitsubishi Gallant screams by. I decided to have a little fun and play along. I hit the gas and quickly caught up to the Mitsu, and then leveled off even with him. I stayed with him for a bit while he was still trying to pick up speed, then stomped in to the floor to let him hear my exhaust note and I left him like he was standing still. At about 120 I backed it down to 75 again, figuring enough gas wasting. The Mitsu pulled alongside and paced me, then took off again, but I was done playing. Good thing I was too, because about 5 seconds after he took off, party lights appeared right behind me. I thought I was in for a ticket (or worse) for 120 in a 70. Luckily for me the cop blew right by me and pulled the Mitsu over. Oh man, I was so scared.
I'm done playing with people like that, especially in the dark.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Unless it was a VR4 they aren't much stock. May have wanted to save the gas on that one, although I would've done the same thing!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is it possible the cop was really looking for you? The tail lights on the Gallant look similar to the Charger tail lights. He may have gone by you so fast that he did not realize he passed you. The next car in front of the cop would have been the speeding Mitsu.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Is it possible the cop was really looking for you? The tail lights on the Gallant look similar to the Charger tail lights. He may have gone by you so fast that he did not realize he passed you. The next car in front of the cop would have been the speeding Mitsu.
That would make it even funnier!

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
yeah, about time Dodge changed those tailights to classic 1969 style!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've been dying to race any of those crap tuner cars the "kids" are driving these days.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think thats possible, because the Mitsu was either white or silver. Hard to tell in the dark
Either way, I feel really lucky. I do feel sorry for that kid that got my ticket, if thats what happened. Not sorry enough to go back to the cop, but I am sorry. Dang kids.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Why would you be sorry, he was speeding too!!!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've been dying to race any of those crap tuner cars the "kids" are driving these days.
They taste pretty good, I usually brake REALLY hard after I smoke 'em then pull even and rev it for another go,...., just so I can pass them TWICE!

That's mean I know but I've had all I can stand of ricers and the goobers that usually drive them.

·
Registered
523 Posts
They taste pretty good, I usually brake REALLY hard after I smoke 'em then pull even and rev it for another go,...., just so I can pass them TWICE!

That's mean I know but I've had all I can stand of ricers and the goobers that usually drive them.
I love running into guys like yourself on the street in my Eclipse GSX. I usually do the brake thing after as well and they won't even look over or try again. Either that or the excuses start coming out. "Well, if I put 15K into my R/T it would eat that ricer for lunch, no replacement for displacement, blah blah blah." If I'm bored, I'll take it out for a couple hours and hunt for V8's just to crush that Ego a little.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I love running into guys like yourself on the street in my Eclipse GSX. I usually do the brake thing after as well and they won't even look over or try again. Either that or the excuses start coming out. "Well, if I put 15K into my R/T it would eat that ricer for lunch, no replacement for displacement, blah blah blah." If I'm bored, I'll take it out for a couple hours and hunt for V8's just to crush that Ego a little.
Some of my best friends drive Eclipses

I'm just not ever seen with them!

Morris Day

·
Registered
379 Posts
What is your Eclipse running? I've outrun two Eclipses recently - one had a bunch of guages/pods all over it. He was toast - we ran from 70 +. The other, I'm not sure but he thought he was...he didn't last long either. I'm stock by the way. Nothing to really brag about.

·
Registered
423 Posts
So you're saying you've got 15k in mods and you can beat a stock R/T.....wow I am sure impressed!

If you're ever around Springfield MO. PM me and we'll run 'em, We'll see what happens, maybe you can crush my ego........ain't been done yet by the import/4cyl class but maybe you can be the first, somebody's gonna hafta be, cuz ya'll sure keep tryin.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Those Eclipses is one damn ugly MoFo of a car....Man I mean reaaaaaaaaaalllly Ugly.....Nasty.........yuk........puke

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
LOL, Why do you even bother with ricers...you know who they are, you know they are gonna roll up next to your car with their crappy car, and give you a nod, like they wanna race...its not considered a race...so why even go WOT and waste gas :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
LOL, Why do you even bother with ricers...you know who they are, you know they are gonna roll up next to your car with their crappy car, and give you a nod, like they wanna race...its not considered a race...so why even go WOT and waste gas :D

Because these dudes decided that they wanted a "sports" car...they decided that they wanted a 4 cylinder sports car. That's not my fault. In my mind THEY bought a sports car and so did I. I'm just there to show them they bought the wrong one. :grin:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Nobody on this forum bought a "sports car". We all bought a really impressive semi-luxo family sedan that just happens to be able to beat most family sedans in it's class. Clearly, the HEMI's are much closer to sports cars than the V6'ers and the ricers, by far, but none of these are sports cars.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Nobody on this forum bought a "sports car". We all bought a really impressive semi-luxo family sedan that just happens to be able to beat most family sedans in it's class. Clearly, the HEMI's are much closer to sports cars than the V6'ers and the ricers, by far, but none of these are sports cars.

Hence the word sports surrounded by " ". :wink:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts