Charger Forums banner
41 - 60 of 146 Posts

· Registered
2012 Charger SRT8
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
So any updates yo!?
Lmao I appreciate you checking in! Honestly haven’t even been able to get the extra money to get it out of the shop yet to get it home to get it looked at by me and a couple of my wife’s uncles friends who are master mechanics and work on dodges etc probably will end up replacing timing chain if it is actually bad. Just had a lot going on it’s been crazy so haven’t been able to get it out yet. I’ll keep y’all updated

· Registered
2012 Charger SRT8
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Just a little update: went today to get it out of the shop, price somehow changed. Not sure how or why that’s the least of it though now (4-5months after dropping it off) I’m hearing for the first time they’re saying my gas pedal was barely hanging on when it got towed in and they thought this could’ve been the culprit with the sensor going bad or being misaligned etc but not once in this time period have I heard anything about that until today when I go to pick it up and poof the gas pedal isn’t in the car 🤨 and why am I just now hearing about it. They said they checked it and ultimately came to the conclusion that wasn’t it which I don’t believe that did that and they’re saying instead they came to the conclusion it’s seized again I don’t believe a 2012 with 95k no symptoms before just cutting off on my wife when I let her drive it. Only symptom was maybe a week or two prior me and my boss were playing around on the interstate I went to floor it and the pedal didn’t respond so the gas pedal sensor makes sense to me but I feel as though they broke something or didn’t actually check it because it would be cheap and easy fix. So now I’m waiting until owner gets back on Monday to talk to him and figure all of this out

· Registered
5,717 Posts
Sheesh....sounds like some BS on that one. What do you mean the gas pedal is missing? Like it physically isn't in the car?

Reactions: Callahan843

· Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
2,366 Posts
I’m sorry for you and all of this BS. Hopefully the boss will make sense of something on Monday, which at this point, they really shouldn’t be making you wait until Monday.
But damn, that car is clean as hell for being at the shop for two months.

· Registered
2012 Charger SRT8
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I’m sorry for you and all of this BS. Hopefully the boss will make sense of something on Monday, which at this point, they really shouldn’t be making you wait until Monday.
But damn, that car is clean as hell for being at the shop for two months.
The boss is in London I think he was the one working on my car with the mechanic but idk something seems very off and very fishy to me and I feel like they’ve changed the price of how much it was without doing anything else and I know my pedal was perfectly fine (now the sensor idk) but the pedal was on there because I loaded it onto the tow truck bc the driver has towed my car a few times for me for flat tires etc. it’s actually been in the shop for 4 or 5 months lmao haven’t been able to enjoy it all summer 😕 if you zoom in you can see where the dust and stuff has gotten on it but I clean my car and spray wax it regularly until it went in the shop so it helps not let everything stick to it to me it needs a wash bad lmao if I would’ve gotten it home Friday that would’ve been the first thing done to it idc if it couldn’t drive 😂 I was actually worried about how dirty it’d be and what would be stuck on there Lmao but I appreciate it. Seeing it was a great feeling but still not in my driveway/garage

· Registered
7,564 Posts
I'm so confused trying to understand the situation with the car. So is the engine repaired and when you went to pick it up you learned the accelerator was miss.

· Registered
2012 Charger SRT8
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I'm so confused trying to understand the situation with the car. So is the engine repaired and when you went to pick it up you learned the accelerator was miss.
Lol sorry it can be confusing there’s another thread that goes into detail with updates on the problem there car isn’t driveable hasn’t been since I took it to them so they never could test drive it. The engine is not fixed they are trying to tell me I need a whole new engine which I don’t believe they’ve replace the intake manifold gaskets that’s about it they flipped it over saw it was not sealed like it should be via smoke test so they assumed it was that and replaced the gaskets and then afterwards still wasn’t working and at this point I’m not a fan of the shop at all anymore so I’ve decided to not want them to go any further but didn’t have the money to take it out of the shop. So this past week I went to get out after it’s been there for about 4-5 months the owner wasn’t there. He’s been working with the mechanic on the car the lady said when the car was dropped off the gas pedal was hanging on by a thread basically and it was sideways ( I was there when the car got dropped off I loaded it on the truck and off the pedal was not like that) and she’s saying they thought it could’ve been that throwing everything off so that was the first thing they checked…. Wrong I was never told anything about that until Friday when I went to get it out I was told the first thing was the smoke test to figure out where the vacuum leak was. So that was fishy too me. Asked where the pedal was she said in the trunk so before I left I walked back to my car to look it over the piece of plastic around the shifter was lifted up out of position not sure if that was to get it into neutral if the battery died while not being turned on or not so wasn’t too worried about that but couldn’t open the trunk so I folded the seats down checked the trunk and no pedal so there’s no pedal in there at all she tried to say the screws were stripped so I’d have to buy new ones and washers and put it back on again it was never even loose when I drove it the morning it shut off. So doesn’t make sense. I’m wondering if it’s the sensor at this point. The TPS sensor. But they also changed the price of the diag without adding anymore work being done. So the owner is supposedly back tomorrow so I’m going to call or go in the shop to talk to him and see wtf is going on why the price to get it out changed and ask the process of how everything happened to see if he even mentions the pedal etc. it’s been a whole ordeal so I can see if it’s confusing I’ll link my other thread that has pictures and updates too so it can also maybe help you understand if you want to read through it lol it’s a lot so idk if you do.

41 - 60 of 146 Posts